Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Mosque Shooting

Fucking sickening.

What makes things worse is some of the comments I’ve read on the social media pages of news outlets by people that seem to condone this because of 9/11.

I really despise humanity at times.

In reference to shooters moving towards live-streaming such rampages, I’ve definitely noticed the increasing popularity of doing such. I think in a way it’s to counter potential media censorship so they still get their fame. Can’t stop the signal...
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 03-15-2019 at 08:15 AM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

If you find a link to the video and/or manifesto, download and save it (even if you don't watch it).
    There is a concerted effort to scrub both from the internet along with another concerted effort to cherry pick quotes and images for media and political narrative shaping.
    Having unredacted versions of both could be important in the future.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

The New Zealand Herald reports that the local man with the gun fired on the shooters after they unleashed “multiple gunshots” on the mosque in Linwood. The armed man ran after the shooters, firing two shots at them with “a rifle or shotgun” as they undertook their escape.

More proof that armed citizenry will pretty much always be able to respond faster than law enforcement.
    Even in NZ where the gun culture is definitely not self-defense oriented there was a good guy with a gun on scene before the police could respond.

A second shooting happened at a mosque in the Linwood area of the city.

One Friday prayer goer returned fire with a rifle or shotgun.

Witnesses said they heard multiple gunshots around 1.45pm.

A well known Muslim local chased the shooters and fired two shots at them as they sped off.

He was heard telling police officers he was firing in "self defence".
    Last edited by JodyH; 03-15-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

My first thought upon hearing of this heinous crime aside from the innocent victims is the possibility of either a copycat crime or retaliation. Retaliation somewhere globally especially with Easter approaching.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Fucking sickening.

What makes things worse is some of the comments I’ve read on the social media pages of news outlets by people that seem to condone this because of 9/11.

I really despise humanity at times.

What's really sticking in my craw right now is the fact he very clearly told the world that one of his goals was fracturing the US along demographic lines...and we, as a nation, are buying right into it. He TOLD us that he was trying to break the country and we can't help but do it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    People who are insane, or close to it, often have trains of thought that make no sense to anyone normal, but it makes perfect sense to them.. he's nuts, and, I'm sure within the next few days, they're going to start finding alot of little red flags that nobody picked up on...
    Yeah that's what I was getting it, he's not your run of the mill Alabama trailer park 1488'er.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    One thing which is clear is he hated Muslims. His guns and mags have multiple references to historical battles against Muslims. Tours 732 on his AR. Vienna 1683 on a Magpul drum. The 1571 on his shotgun for another example. Apparently the music in the video is a Serbian soldiers song from the Yugoslav civil war.
    Remove Kebab.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Having unredacted versions of both could be important in the future.
    Only if you can prove provenance and chain-of-custody. Otherwise who is to say your copy is any more accurate than mine...

Devil's advocate and all...

Chris

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I feel like I ought to say something, but what is there really to say. If I find a legitimate orphans and widows fund, I'll post it.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Vienna written on the middle magazine.

In 1936 Hillaire Belloc wrote:

The last
    effort they made to destroy Christendom was contemporary with the end of
    the reign of Charles II in England and of his brother James and of the
    usurper William III. It failed during the last years of the seventeenth
    century, only just over two hundred years ago. Vienna, as we saw, was
    almost taken and only saved by the Christian army under the command of the
    King of Poland on a date that ought to be among the most famous in
    history-_September 11, 1683.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Only if you can prove provenance and chain-of-custody. Otherwise who is to say your copy is any more accurate than mine...

Devil's advocate and all...

Chris
    This is for the court of public opinion not a court of law.
    The video would be very difficult to dispute since the one I have is a continuous uninterrupted feed and any edits would be noticeable.

User Tag List