Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Mosque Shooting

Articles like this one from Newsweek really rub me the wrong way on so many levels.

Better to bury our heads in the sand and pretend it didn't happen...rather than learn from it and use it as motivation to fight it where it rears its ugly head.

I don't think I want Newsweek telling me what to view, and what to think about it.

OPINION:
    CHRISTCHURCH SHOOTING FOOTAGE: WHY YOU SHOULDN’T WATCH THE VIDEO, AND WHAT TO DO IF YOU DID
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    A talking head from the NZ media was saying that people should not seek out the video or manifesto, to just be patient and the media and authorities will explain it all to them.
    Too bad. Too many people already have the unedited versions. The media is powerless in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Articles like this one from Newsweek really rub me the wrong way on so many levels.

Better to bury our heads in the sand and pretend it didn't happen...rather than learn from it and use it as motivation to fight it where it rears its ugly head.

I don't think I want Newsweek telling me what to view, and what to think about it.
    Yea... me watching the video is what's feeding the perps narcissism not the world wide media running non-stop 24/7 coverage or politicians worldwide stampeding to microphones to pontificate about what happened.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Unbelievable, ain't it?

The idiot-populated, liberal-driven media once again, assuming that we are all a bunch of delicate, trembling snowflakes, comes to our rescue:

"Don't worry; it's OK. Since we have decided that you, and all of the other 'sheeple' are incapable of processing this horrendous event, we'll do that for you. Just forget what you saw if you saw any part of the scary video, what you thought, and we'll do all of your thinking for you, tell you how you should feel and why you should feel that way."

Meh, thanks, but no.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 03-15-2019 at 10:32 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

This whole thing is very horrifying and upsetting.

I'm going to call it now.
    Dude isn't anything he's claiming to be.

What he is is a *chan troll in real life, everything in his manifesto is a chan meme and his first appearance in court was giving the "Ok" sign.
    He's getting off on how well he's manipulated the world media and politicians and showing off for the chans.
    That's his power trip.
    He surrendered so he can put on a show at his trial and play the media and politicians like a violin.
    I guarantee his entire trial will be filled with insider jokes for the chans that will fuel a media and political frenzy.
    Reading that made me thing and confused me.

On one hand I would say that it is one thing to be a troll and want attention.

It is another to slaughter so many innocent people this way to achieve it. That's truly sick and evil.

I've looked at 4chan a few times and it mostly looks like jibberish to me to the point where I can't get myself to read much.

The thought that this is actually what you suspect is terrifying. It could a frightening start of a new social contagian with more to follow.
    Last edited by Ed L; 03-15-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Yea... me watching the video is what's feeding the perps narcissism not the world wide media running non-stop 24/7 coverage or politicians worldwide stampeding to microphones to pontificate about what happened.
    That statement is so quotable.

I'm sure the millions of rubbernecking dumbasses downloading it has been a total net positive (that's sarcasm).

It has benefited me in one area though, I discovered an acquaintance of mine is a massive racist. So there's that.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

There's a certain disgusting irony in the media telling people not to feed the ego of someone like this... as they switch all of their coverage to do exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Among other things, his manifesto said he hoped to inspire liberals in the US to abolish the 2nd amendment in order to start a civil war here.
    They’ll take the bait, even if they know they’re being baited.

I’d say they’re masters at it, but not appropriate in this context.

Such a horrific incident, it’s unnerving. Yet I honestly believe the most radical of the liberal elite gets some joy over this to fuel there agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    There's a certain disgusting irony in the media telling people not to feed the ego of someone like this... as they switch all of their coverage to do exactly that.
    Eloquently, and perfectly, stated, sir.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List