Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Mosque Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Updated at 5:17 p.m. ET

The prime minister of New Zealand, Jacinda Ardern, said she would seek a change in her country's gun laws after after at least one man opened fire during afternoon prayers Friday and killed at least 49 people at two mosques in Christchurch.

"Our gun laws will change," Ardern declared in a news conference Saturday morning local time.

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/15/70371...ls-at-least-49
    You should just make murder illegal, silly.....

A talking head from the NZ media was saying that people should not seek out the video or manifesto, to just be patient and the media and authorities will explain it all to them.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Just watched the video and I don't have adequate words. That said, I think it was important to have seen it.
    Yes, indeed it is.

I've noticed that the various media outlets are already ''spinning'' the story (some more honestly than others) to fit the narratives they want to sell.

An informed populace is difficult to deceive once the undiluted facts are made known and escape into the public domain. Doing what I can to help out in that regard since hiding this evil from people isn't gonna make it go away. It is a horrible event to be sure, but folks need to see the horror that arises from hatred like this. Had the internet been around then, I suspect that we might have been able to prevent many of the horrors of the Holocaust as most of these ''demons'' tend to scramble like cock-roaches when the light (unbiased, factual disclosure) hits them.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 03-15-2019 at 05:59 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Just watched the video and I don't have adequate words. That said, I think it was important to have seen it.
    Yeah. Revolting. He talks about the "firefight" as he's driving away. Basking in the glory of executing wounded women begging for help on the sidewalk. Coward.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    A talking head from the NZ media was saying that people should not seek out the video or manifesto, to just be patient and the media and authorities will explain it all to them.
    "Trust me."

Where have we heard that before?

The media types really have a lot of nerve; acting like they are the arbiters of truth and reality.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    Yeah. Revolting. He talks about the "firefight" as he's driving away. Basking in the glory of executing wounded women begging for help on the sidewalk. Coward.
    Yep, the shooter is the very embodiment of the word. (coward)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Neither you nor anyone need say anything.

I'm not criticizing you, just pointing it out.
    Maybe. I dunno.

Maybe there is something in being able to share feelings among friends I respect, as a way for me to feel better about a horrible terrible event that I can’t begin to understand.

I'm going to call it now.
    Dude isn't anything he's claiming to be.

What he is is a *chan troll in real life, everything in his manifesto is a chan meme and his first appearance in court was giving the "Ok" sign.
    He's getting off on how well he's manipulated the world media and politicians and showing off for the chans.
    That's his power trip.
    He surrendered so he can put on a show at his trial and play the media and politicians like a violin.
    I guarantee his entire trial will be filled with insider jokes for the chans that will fuel a media and political frenzy.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

These threads are always unsurprisingly pointless.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I'm going to call it now.
    Dude isn't anything he's claiming to be.

What he is is a *chan troll in real life, everything in his manifesto is a chan meme and his first appearance in court was giving the "Ok" sign.
    He's getting off on how well he's manipulated the world media and politicians and showing off for the chans.
    That's his power trip.
    He surrendered so he can put on a show at his trial and play the media and politicians like a violin.
    I guarantee his entire trial will be filled with insider jokes for the chans that will fuel a media and political frenzy.

The sad thing about NZ is they do not have the death penalty. A morally sick position.

Do they have life in prison there?

User Tag List