Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Mosque Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Unless he’s undead (/s), the context for any use of the symbol would be modern. And the only credible references I see to the modern use of that specific symbol are in relation to white supremacy and Aryan pride, which in the case of this dirtbag is probably appropriate.

Again, no Wiccans or Neodruids I have ever known or seen use that symbol. I feel your characterization that this guy is one of “us” is off base.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The modern white supremacy movement uses ancient Norse, Celtic and Druid / Wiccan symbols. The WWII era Nazis used them too. It is what it is and it’s nothing new.
    That is a very popular symbol among a lot of European white supremacist groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    It's sad these incidents always devolve into which party do we get to claim he was a member of.

Also how the hell did we get on the topic of the retarded Chinese government.
    Because he talked about his beliefs aligning with the Chinese in his manifesto.

Apparently the shooter was posting his intentions in advance on 8chan but it didn't go reported. The mods over on 8chan are shit.

Somehow (and this is just whacky tobacky speculation), I don't think the Chinese government had anything to do with this.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

There’s already folks bringing Trump in to it, because of his “support of white supremacy”.

Is it time for the apocalypse yet?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Somehow (and this is just whacky tobacky speculation), I don't think the Chinese government had anything to do with this.
    The shooter brought China into the discussion in his published musings and folks be like "how can he dig that?" . That's all. Your wacky speculation is surely correct.
    Last edited by JHC; 03-15-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    It's sad these incidents always devolve into which party do we get to claim he was a member of.

Also how the hell did we get on the topic of the retarded Chinese government.
    In his manifesto the shooter made a claim his political beliefs most closely aligning with those of the current PRC government- which is to say a racially homogeneous dictatorship with a pseudo capitalist economy.

The implication being he would like to see something structured like the PRC but with all white Europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    There’s already folks bringing Trump in to it, because of his “support of white supremacy”.
    Oh, jeez, that didn't take long. It will never end. What was that quote attributed to Rahm Emmanuel? ''Never let a crisis go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Is it time for the apocalypse yet?
    'Bout five minutes ago, by my wristwatch...

ETA: Looks like Sir Winston was the first to coin the phrase.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 03-15-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I feel like I ought to say something, but what is there really to say. If I find a legitimate orphans and widows fund, I'll post it.

https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/chri...g-victims-fund
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

For those that haven't seen the video, one point stands out to me most.

Shooter starts shooting at front door. He goes down a hallway that appears to be about 10 yards long, enters a large room in the middle, with maybe about 20 yards to the left and right of this entrance he walks through.

He turns left, shoots a bunch of people, turns right, shoots a bunch of people. Everyone huddles up together just waiting to be shot. One guy puts on half-hearted effort to tackle him and is shot. The other 20ish people in the room just freeze up and cower together.

Shooter continues to clear the structure then goes back to the main room and puts a round or two in the head of each person on the ground. So if you survived the first attack and your strategy was to feign dead, you choose poorly.

I was personally shocked by how quickly people went down from being shot by 5.56. I wonder what part of that was psychological. It was almost movie like how he fired and they all dropped instantly. Shooter sprays and prays into a group and everyone goes down instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by powell556 View Post
    For those that haven't seen the video, one point stands out to me most.

Shooter starts shooting at front door. He goes down a hallway that appears to be about 10 yards long, enters a large room in the middle, with maybe about 20 yards to the left and right of this entrance he walks through.

He turns left, shoots a bunch of people, turns right, shoots a bunch of people. Everyone huddles up together just waiting to be shot. One guy puts on half-hearted effort to tackle him and is shot. The other 20ish people in the room just freeze up and cower together.

Shooter continues to clear the structure then goes back to the main room and puts a round or two in the head of each person on the ground. So if you survived the first attack and your strategy was to feign dead, you choose poorly.

I was personally shocked by how quickly people went down from being shot by 5.56. I wonder what part of that was psychological. It was almost movie like how he fired and they all dropped instantly. Shooter sprays and prays into a group and everyone goes down instantly.
    I commend the guy who tried to rush the shooter, he at least went out fighting.

As for the people who simply dropped after being shot, I’d wager most of it was psychological drops due to FIBS, and possibly some playing possum.

It’s not unremarkable that folks would voluntarily drop from being shot, regardless of the severity of the wound. People will let something as small as a paper cut adversely affect them more than it should.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List