Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Mosque Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’ve seen it before. The sun wheel symbol on his body armor goes back to the European pre history and was used by the celts as far back as Neolithic and bronze ages. History is what it is not what we want it to be.
    Unless he’s undead (/s), the context for any use of the symbol would be modern. And the only credible references I see to the modern use of that specific symbol are in relation to white supremacy and Aryan pride, which in the case of this dirtbag is probably appropriate.

Again, no Wiccans or Neodruids I have ever known or seen use that symbol. I feel your characterization that this guy is one of “us” is off base.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Are we all agreed, then, that murder is bad?
    Agreed! There ought to be a law against it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Well - don't know about here - but there goes' the Kiwi's gun rights........
    History (sadly) seems to confirm your hypothesis.

The PRC is not straight communist. They are statists who beleive in racial and ideological purity controling an increasingly capitalist economy a lot like the Nazis. Were the Nazis under Hitler really different than the communists under Stalin ?
    The Chinese are basically a nationalist dictatorship that is a mashup of communism and capitalism.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    https://we.tl/t-uuR5Zkxt7N

manifesto & video.
    Video can also be found here (not sure how long it'll remain) for those who wish to view it.

https://archive.org/details/69484751...0336f_20190315

ETA: It's gone. Such is the evanescent nature of the 'net.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 03-15-2019 at 11:23 AM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Unless he’s undead (/s), the context for any use of the symbol would be modern. And the only credible references I see to the modern use of that specific symbol are in relation to white supremacy and Aryan pride, which in the case of this dirtbag is probably appropriate.

Again, no Wiccans or Neodruids I have ever known or seen use that symbol. I feel your characterization that this guy is one of “us” is off base.
    The modern white supremacy movement uses ancient Norse, Celtic and Druid / Wiccan symbols. The WWII era Nazis used them too. It is what it is and it’s nothing new.

There are different versions of the sun wheel divided into 4, 8, or 12. The wheel represents the sun progressing through the year. The 8 spoke version represents the 8 Wiccan Sabats. At least that is one common and historically correct version.

It doesn’t make him a pagan anymore than playing the Serbian soldiers song makes him Serbian. JodyH’s assessment of the shooter as a general troll seems the most accurate so far but there is a white / European Supremacy and anti Muslim theme running through it.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-15-2019 at 11:26 AM.

If the link I posted goes dead, PM me and i'll create a new one.
    My only goal, is to make sure anyone who wants the signal, has it.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

The PRC is not straight communist. They are statists who beleive in racial and ideological purity controling an increasingly capitalist economy a lot like the Nazis. Were the Nazis under Hitler really different than the communists under Stalin ?
    Quite true. This guy doesn't neatly fit into what might be called "right wing" in the US I don't think. I see him fitting into the Chicom oppression of the Uyghurs very nicely.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Highly trained via videogame maybe.

His manifesto reads like a massive Chan troll to me, it tries really hard to press all the buttons.
    He was on 8 Chan, and made a post about what his plans were with a link to the FB live feed.

It's sad these incidents always devolve into which party do we get to claim he was a member of.

Also how the hell did we get on the topic of the retarded Chinese government.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List