Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Girsan Regard

I know a couple of people with Regards and none of them have had any problems with them. I haven't owned anything made by Girsan, but every one of my Sarsilmaz and Canik guns have been flawless.

Take a look at the Beretta forum. The forum administrator recently wrote about a Girsan Regard he had purchased.

I say to figure out what is going wrong & fix it. They basically copied a 40 year old, proven design with a few changes. Hopefully one of those changes wasn’t part of the issue you are having.

Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    I say to figure out what is going wrong & fix it. They basically copied a 40 year old, proven design with a few changes. Hopefully one of those changes wasn’t part of the issue you are having.
    Copying a design is one thing. Using the right materials for the right part, keeping the tooling in spec, watching the tolerances, quality control, and the other myriad details of production is another.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Girsan Sucks

I bought a brand new Girsan Regard MC 9mm. I took it to the gun range. After firing a few shots the screw from the pistol grip fell out. I tried tightening it. It is stripped. Someone else in this forum had the same experience. I love my gun, but I would not buy another Girsan.

CZB1969 grip bushing fix

Brownells has oversize 1911 grip bushings and tap to remake oversize threads in the frame. If you measure your bushing then contact Brownells techs they should be able to help. Good luck.
    Billy

Gunsmith, M/C mechanic, Retired Army, NRA Life Member
    "When you have to shoot...Shoot don't talk" Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Jasbinder Gill View Post
    I bought a brand new Girsan Regard MC 9mm. I took it to the gun range. After firing a few shots the screw from the pistol grip fell out. I tried tightening it. It is stripped. Someone else in this forum had the same experience. I love my gun, but I would not buy another Girsan.
    I've seen more than a few sigs and Berettas with stripped bushings

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I don't know about new production, but back in the day Sig didn't use bushings, but simply threaded the screw directly into the aluminium frame. If you weren't careful things could get special very quickly.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List