Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Girsan Regard

Your slide lock spring looks good on your pic. Maybe I was just the lucky one.

The Mec-Gar mag I picked up is identical to the one that came with my Regard. Base plates are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by wildbilloh View Post
    I didn't notice any issue with the slide lock spring, but will keep an eye on it.

As far as the Mec Gar "Beretta" mags vs the Girsan ones, did you notice if the Beretta baseplates lined up the same as the Girsan in relation to the front strap? I wondered if that was different at all since the Girsan has the finger grooves and their mag does match the bottom radius and blend in.

I am thinking of blacking out the rear sight dots and also painting the front dot to a high viz orange.

The more I handle the Girsan the more I kick myself for not picking up one sooner. I wish their compact model was more readily available. I don't believe EAA is importing that, so it would only be found on the used market, or Gunbroker.

Ok, here's some updates on my Regard along with plenty of pics (I'm sorry in advance!).

I swapped in the David Olhasso competition hammer spring this weekend and put 200 more rounds thru it between Sun and Monday range trips for a total of 300 rounds thru the gun. Zero issues so far...runs flawlessly, locks back on empty mags, no issues w/ the new spring. The spring did noticeably improve both the DA and SA trigger pull. The last 200 rounds have been all Fiocchi 115gr.

I also installed a set of Cool Hand G10 grips on it. I did have to slightly drill out the bottom screw holes to get the grips to line up. Also the profile of the backstrap is slightly different than the grips (may just be the change in screw position), so I am thinking of sanding them down along the back curved edge to get them to line up better. It's only cosmetic (and my OCD) as it feels great in the hand.

Ok, so here are some pics.

Cool Hand G10 grips installed:

Olhasso competition spring on Left vs stock Girsan spring:

First 10 rounds at 25ft w/ the Olhasso spring installed:

Next 10 rounds at 25ft, different target:

50 rounds on each target at 25ft and 50ft (30 at 25 and 20 at 50) with Girsan on Left and Glock 17 on Right.

Two more targets with 10 rounds each at 25ft.

And finally a shot of the Girsan and PT92 (wearing Hogue grips).
    Last edited by wildbilloh; 03-26-2019 at 07:24 AM.
    -WildBillOH

Site Supporter
    @wildbilloh Do you run a Facebook group? If so I'm a member.

I do lol. 9x19 or Canik Fanatik?

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    @wildbilloh Do you run a Facebook group? If so I'm a member.
    -WildBillOH

Just picked mine up from my ffl this afternoon. Slide stop spring looks ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Please shoot the utter crap out of them, and let us know how it goes.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Concur. Interest is intensifying.

I am closing in on 1000 rounds through mine. Zero malfunctions. Thing is solid. Finish is great. I take care of my guns and it shows very little wear even on the barrel. Can't wait to try out the thin LOK grips I have on order. Very happy with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post

CDNN has these for $375, including delivery to your FFL. https://www.cdnnsports.com/girsan-re...-9mm-blue.html

Got the LOK thin grips. Very nice grippy texture, but the fit at the backstrap was a bit off like the CoolHands. One of the LOK panels had a wobble to it even with the screws tightened. I apologize for no pics on these issues.

Grips were thinner but mostly around where fingers 3-5 of the right hand are placed on the grip. I was hoping for thinness up towards the beaver tail more. Not sure thinness there is possible due to the position of the right grip panel upper screw. Stock grips and CoolHands were basically the same. About 35mm overall grip thickness. LOK grips went down to about 30.5 mm at the thinnest point, but I did not find it useful.

I got frustrated with the whole grip issue and went back to the stock grips plus some grip tape. The simple solution was probably the best all along. An expensive lesson. A significant setback to acquiring the CZ P10 that has caught my eye!

Here it is with the grip tape.

Name:  IMG_20190330_212023443.jpg
Views: 2231
Size:  103.0 KB
    Last edited by CZB1969; 03-30-2019 at 09:22 PM.

User Tag List