Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Girsan Regard

Slide stop spring and trigger pin issue solved.

As I wrote before, the slide stop spring did not protrude through the frame on my Girsan allowing the trigger pin to back out some when shooting. Here is a pic of the issue.

Name:  IMG_20190316_212501141.jpg
Views: 2514
Size:  63.9 KB

I solved it by picking up a new Beretta spring from Midwest Gun Works. Arrived very quickly so I was pleased with their service. Ordered 3/13 and arrived today 3/16. Here is a pic comparing the old spring (bottom) and new spring. You can see that they are significantly different.

Name:  IMG_20190316_212814803.jpg
Views: 2188
Size:  64.6 KB

Installed the spring and everything functions correctly. The spring end protrudes as it should. No more trigger pin backing out.

Name:  IMG_20190316_213028825.jpg
Views: 2295
Size:  78.6 KB

My extra Mec-Gar Beretta mag should be here on Monday. I will get to the range again this coming week and let anyone interested know if it functions properly in the Grisan.
    Last edited by CZB1969; 03-16-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CZB1969 View Post
    I think you will be happy with your purchase.

The grip panel screws I used came with the G10 grips and those had a star heads. The stock screws would have worked fine, but I liked the new ones better.

I would be surprised if the decocker did not work. Did you know the Girsan comes with a decocker/safety? I thought it just had the safety so I was happy to find that it had a decocker. I know some have issues with the gun going into safe when racking the slide over the top, but I either use the slide release or turn the gun to the side to rack it so no issue. I appreciate the decocker when I want to bring the hammer down on a loaded chamber though.

Which model did you go with? I was very tempted by the FDE model.
    Great minds eh?! I went with the all black, although I found the FDE is on Guns Midwest for slightly cheaper. Was kinda torn on wishing I had picked that one up. I'm glad to hear the safety lever is a safety/decocker. I'm a big fan of decockers (hence my love for the CZ P-07 and Sigs), and would love to have a G model 92. I'm also a lefty, so that precludes some SA right only safety lever guns from joining my collection. I have a Tanfoglio Witness Steel (and Sar B6P) which I love to shoot but wish one of the CZ clones made a DA/SA w/ decocker (I'm looking at you Tristar!).

I also found Wolff makes a slightly longer slide lock spring: https://www.gunsprings.com/BERETTA/9...ID1/mID2/dID36

I was also recommended to try the Olhasso Competition hammer spring instead of a true D or the Wilson one. https://www.olhasso.com/parts.php?fb...TPb0UZ_-vf5Tmw

I have a Taurus PT92, so wanted to swap both at the same time.

As far as grip panels...I'm not sure yet what to go with. Glad to hear I can really choose anything that works for a standard 92F/92FS/M9 with just a slight modification to the screw holes. I have a set of Hogue G10's on my PT92, that were for the PT92 w/ their hex head screws (which were stupidly expensive for screws).

-WildBillOH

Do you know the strength of the Olhasso hammer spring?

Quote Originally Posted by wildbilloh View Post
    Great minds eh?! I went with the all black, although I found the FDE is on Guns Midwest for slightly cheaper. Was kinda torn on wishing I had picked that one up. I'm glad to hear the safety lever is a safety/decocker. I'm a big fan of decockers (hence my love for the CZ P-07 and Sigs), and would love to have a G model 92. I'm also a lefty, so that precludes some SA right only safety lever guns from joining my collection. I have a Tanfoglio Witness Steel (and Sar B6P) which I love to shoot but wish one of the CZ clones made a DA/SA w/ decocker (I'm looking at you Tristar!).

I also found Wolff makes a slightly longer slide lock spring: https://www.gunsprings.com/BERETTA/9...ID1/mID2/dID36

I was also recommended to try the Olhasso Competition hammer spring instead of a true D or the Wilson one. https://www.olhasso.com/parts.php?fb...TPb0UZ_-vf5Tmw

I have a Taurus PT92, so wanted to swap both at the same time.

As far as grip panels...I'm not sure yet what to go with. Glad to hear I can really choose anything that works for a standard 92F/92FS/M9 with just a slight modification to the screw holes. I have a set of Hogue G10's on my PT92, that were for the PT92 w/ their hex head screws (which were stupidly expensive for screws).

Quote Originally Posted by CZB1969 View Post
    Do you know the strength of the Olhasso hammer spring?
    His site doesn't say, but it's suppose to be slightly lighter than the D spring.

Here's a thread discussing the results after installing: https://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=6597

I ordered 2 of them, so will try it in the Girsan and my PT92 as well.
    -WildBillOH

Interesting clone. Very informative on the tweaks...to achieve improvement.

Will be looking for this particular model.
    Custer wore the 1st "Arrow shirt".
    Given the size & power of “Ivan”, we must now … and ever be Vigilant.

Made it to the range with the extra Mec-Gar Beretta magazine. Everything functioned perfectly. Ammo fed and slide locked back every time. Not surprised since the new mag appears identical to the Girsan mag except for the matte finish.

Girsan mag on the right.

Name:  IMG_20190318_121943751.jpg
Views: 2052
Size:  102.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20190318_122004357 (1).jpg
Views: 2069
Size:  103.0 KB

I have been impressed with what one gets for what one pays with many of the clones manufactured in Turkey, including the Girsan Regard. I know a lot of people opt for bedside pistols like the Ruger LCP 9 due to cost, and the Girsan Regard is a very reasonably priced alternative. I just wonder how the manufacturer and importer make any money. Shipping with one magazine is part of it, but what one gets for this price point is very impressive.

Agree completely. Even with having to purchase the extra mag and slide release spring I am still under $400. My Cz shoots as well, but I had to put more parts into it and the price of the gun was already significantly more than the Regard up front.

Love my CZ, but if I had all the information before I purchased both and wanted only one gun, I would probably opt for the Girsan considering everything including price.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I have been impressed with what one gets for what one pays with many of the clones manufactured in Turkey, including the Girsan Regard. I know a lot of people opt for bedside pistols like the Ruger LCP 9 due to cost, and the Girsan Regard is a very reasonably priced alternative. I just wonder how the manufacturer and importer make any money. Shipping with one magazine is part of it, but what one gets for this price point is very impressive.

Good to know the Beretta 92 labeled mags from Mec Gar worked perfectly in the Girsan! I wonder about the surplus 92 mags, as those are pretty cheap when you find them.

I picked up my new Regard MC today from the FFL and got to put some rounds thru it tonight before bullseye league.

I did not clean it or lube it, just took it straight out of the box and fired 100 rounds of 115gr at 25 feet. No issues at all. I'll strip and and clean / lube it this weekend, hoping the competition hammer spring gets here by Sat so I can swap and then take it back to the range.

Here's one of my targets with approx 50 rounds on it.

-WildBillOH

I didn't notice any issue with the slide lock spring, but will keep an eye on it.

As far as the Mec Gar "Beretta" mags vs the Girsan ones, did you notice if the Beretta baseplates lined up the same as the Girsan in relation to the front strap? I wondered if that was different at all since the Girsan has the finger grooves and their mag does match the bottom radius and blend in.

I am thinking of blacking out the rear sight dots and also painting the front dot to a high viz orange.

The more I handle the Girsan the more I kick myself for not picking up one sooner. I wish their compact model was more readily available. I don't believe EAA is importing that, so it would only be found on the used market, or Gunbroker.
    -WildBillOH

User Tag List