Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Girsan Regard

I hear you on the frustration, I've been down that rabbit hole in the past. Spent more on several aftermarket sights trying to correct POA/POI on a Bersa BP9CC than I did on the gun itself. Got to the point that I was determined to have a FO front and blacked out rear that I refused to give up. Ended up settling on a sight set that was made for the gun vs trying to cobble my own solution together.

But your grip tape job looks great! For a second I thought that was the new LOK grips lol.

Also, I do love my CZ P-10 C. I will say it was one of the first I had an issue with the ambi slide stop. Since I'm a lefty I never had the issue of riding the slide stop due to sloppy grip and having it not lock back on the last round. My P-10 C and Walther PPQ are both ones that I have that problem with if I'm not careful.

Quote Originally Posted by CZB1969 View Post
    Here it is with the grip tape.

Attachment 36738
    -WildBillOH

Reporting one issue with my Grisan Regard. One of the holes in the frame where the grip screw bushing fits is stripped.

Not sure how it happened, but the whole bushing came out when changing grip panels. This may have been my fault. The Beretta grips panels were not a perfect fit. Had to enlarge the holes on the panels and tried to enlarge them as little as possible resulting in extra stress on the bushing due to a tight fit. I do not recall trying to excessively torque the grip screws.

May have been a manufacturing issue, but I am having trouble getting a response from EAA. Sent an email about the issue and no response. Called several times and finally got a person who said "he" would call me back. Almost a week later and no call back.

This is not an easy issue to fix. Aluminum frame means cannot spot weld, drill and tap. Bushing is too loose in the hole to loctite or glue. Trying to figure out if a 1911 bushing for thin grips might be able to work, but not sure until I get the parts in front of me. Would have to drill and tap for the 1911 bushing and only if the 1911 screws get along with Beretta grips and frame thickness.

Any other ideas on a fix would be appreciated.

If the prices on these creep up I see no reason to risk getting stuck dealing with EAA on issues. I assume Beretta would at least respond to issues even if it is to tell me to get lost.

Site Supporter
    EAA is well known for their poor customer service. Did you get this resolved?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

American Rifleman's review:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-regard-gen-4/

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Reporting one issue with my Grisan Regard. One of the holes in the frame where the grip screw bushing fits is stripped.

Not sure how it happened, but the whole bushing came out when changing grip panels. This may have been my fault. The Beretta grips panels were not a perfect fit. Had to enlarge the holes on the panels and tried to enlarge them as little as possible resulting in extra stress on the bushing due to a tight fit. I do not recall trying to excessively torque the grip screws.

May have been a manufacturing issue, but I am having trouble getting a response from EAA. Sent an email about the issue and no response. Called several times and finally got a person who said "he" would call me back. Almost a week later and no call back.

This is not an easy issue to fix. Aluminum frame means cannot spot weld, drill and tap. Bushing is too loose in the hole to loctite or glue. Trying to figure out if a 1911 bushing for thin grips might be able to work, but not sure until I get the parts in front of me. Would have to drill and tap for the 1911 bushing and only if the 1911 screws get along with Beretta grips and frame thickness.

If the prices on these creep up I see no reason to risk getting stuck dealing with EAA on issues. I assume Beretta would at least respond to issues even if it is to tell me to get lost.
    When grip bushings are not staked or secured with loftite, they will frequently unscrew with the grip screw. In your case my guess is that the tech who screwed the bushing into the frame cross threaded it. That is super easy to do with fine threads. Then he stripped it when backing out. More than one attempt may have been made. You did not strip it. EAA are the biggest pricks in the gun industry. I found out the hard way. Unless you know a top notch gun smith, I would suggest looking for a machinist in your area to repair the pistol. Shipping it will cost more than the repair. Many have a strong bias against guns made in Turkey. My observation has been that they do not hold value. Further, this problem sounds like any repair will fit the non standard category which could affect your pistols value. Maybe we here can come up with a plan.

Maybe a little bit of JB Weld.

Waiver: whatever happens, it's not my fault.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Help!

First post on the forum. Wanted to share a recent pick-up - the Girsan Regard. Imported from Turkey by EAA. Purchased this from Guns Midwest for $340 all in including shipping and CC fee. My FFL is a gun dealer and hand a couple Beretta variants on hand and the fit, finish and trigger all appeared very similar to the Regard. The grip on the Regard is a bit thinner, which I like as the one concern I had about getting a Beretta was the beefy grip. I did not like the grip panels, however, and switched them out for some CoolHands G10 thin panels. Excellent grips, but hand to slightly enlarge the screw holes to get them to fit on the Girsan. Not much and just used a round file. The Girsan also has finger grooves, which I appreciate.

Took it to the range and it shot beautifully although the trigger was significantly heavier than my CZ P07 and CZ 75 and to be fair I did full trigger jobs to both of those. I decided to do the same to the Girsan. Did the typical Beretta polish job. Nothing too aggressive on the sear, and hammer. Installed a Beretta "D" hammer spring and MCarbo reduced power trigger return spring. The results were amazing. I do not have a trigger gauge, but both the SA and DA feel comparable to my CZ pistols now. I may like the break on the Girsan a bit better, but need some more time with it to know for sure. Of the 3 9mm pistols I have this one for some reason shoots the softest. Not night and day difference, but I can get the Girsan back on target quicker.

My only issue is that I tend to ride the slide release when I shoot, which an result in the slide not locking back on the last round. Too used to the CZ design so need to modify my right thumb placement on the Girsan.

I had the whole lower portion apart on this gun and from what I can tell it is an excellent clone of the Beretta M9A3.

Only came with one magazine. I ordered a Mec-Gar Beretta mag that appears identical so hopefully that will work since Girsan mags are not available.

Here it is:

Attachment 36149
    Ok so just but my first gun, girsan regard gen 4, I fell in love with the feel of this gun and it just felt right. Bought it brand new, took it to the range and after 200 rounds the de-cocker fell apart, got it fixed, next magazine and boom, same thing!!!!! Why is this happening, honestly I cannot trust this gun, and it really sucks because this is my first ever pistol, I read all reviews before buying this gun and I couldn't find a negative one, it's going back to factory to get fixed again but honestly I'm scared the same thing will happen again, do I cut my losses and trade it for a beretta?

Quote Originally Posted by Newgunguy413 View Post
    Ok so just but my first gun, girsan regard gen 4, I fell in love with the feel of this gun and it just felt right. Bought it brand new, took it to the range and after 200 rounds the de-cocker fell apart, got it fixed, next magazine and boom, same thing!!!!! Why is this happening, honestly I cannot trust this gun, and it really sucks because this is my first ever pistol, I read all reviews before buying this gun and I couldn't find a negative one, it's going back to factory to get fixed again but honestly I'm scared the same thing will happen again, do I cut my losses and trade it for a beretta?
    Yes, absolutely, 100% emphatically yes.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Yes, absolutely, 100% emphatically yes.
    Concur, just be aware that you're probably not gonna get very much for it in trade booty. You might have better luck trying to sell it private party and recoup at least half if not more of what you paid for it in the first place...this is the right market to do it in. If you're at least a little bit patient, you could probably throw it on gunbroker starting at a penny, and let the market do it's thing. Maybe you get that "gotta have it" guy who bids it up over $500...that's your best case scenario.

Site Supporter

I am sorry this is happening to you. I strongly concur with the others that you should get the pistol fixed and sell/trade it off.

Your thoughts re a Beretta are spot on.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List