Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Double Action - How much am I missing out on?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    It wasn't what I was looking for (S&W Model 10) but it doesn't seem like a bad deal... what are P-F's thoughts?

I have a Colt Rail Gun I might try and trade for this:

Buy it, buy it now..I have one, if you want a pistol to learn DA on, this will work wonderfully. Besides that, the Match Champion is a very versitle handgun, excellant for target shooting, home, personal defense, should work well for hunting. Not to mention it's built like a tank, and with a mimiumal amount of care should last decades..
    Last edited by ralph; 03-20-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I bought the inexpensive SIG SP2022 to A) learn, enjoy and master the TDA trigger system and B) improve my trigger control with any platform. I feel that I accomplished both.
    one of the best deals out there

Site Supporter
    Shot my new to me Compact P250 9mm.

While I think the trigger could break just a tad earlier , it’s still easy to shoot and the trigger is smooth.

The recoil impulse is a little different to me but nothing I don’t think I could get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Shot my new to me Compact P250 9mm.

While I think the trigger could break just a tad earlier , it’s still easy to shoot and the trigger is smooth.

The recoil impulse is a little different to me but nothing I don’t think I could get used to.
    IMO the DA trigger press and subsequent reset is a tad bit longer than that of a S&W revolver. I've been playing with the .22 and have been happy with it thus far.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    So do I. Last handgun I will ever get rid of.
    Yup, same for me and my S&W M13-3 3". Recently got it an understudy and something I can train with in the form of a M13-8 4". Hardly used, last issue before the lock but has the frame mounted firing pin.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Yup, same for me and my S&W M13-3 3". Recently got it an understudy and something I can train with in the form of a M13-8 4". Hardly used, last issue before the lock but has the frame mounted firing pin.
    I think the frame mounted FP is an improvement. MUCH easier to change if it needs it and brings no negatives that I can tell.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 03-21-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I think the frame mounted FP is an improvement. MUCH easier to change if it needs it and brings no negatives that I can tell.
    Fully agree and my 38 y/o M18 .22 has one too, no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I've been hearing about how useful a double action is in learning to shoot well.

I don't have a DA pistol, and I'm wondering if I should get one. Don't really have a huge want for one, but if it gives me a quantifiable improvement shooting my Glocks, I could see it being worthwhile.

If it's worth getting a DA pistol, what do you recommend?
    The best way to improve shooting your Glocks is to shoot Glocks. A revolver trigger or the 92FS aren't gonna help with shooting a Glock. They may make you question why you are even messing with Glocks. Both the S&W revolver and the Beretta are precision guns compared to a Glock. I usually shoot S&W revolvers and 1911 guns and I'm having a problem getting used to the crunchy trigger on my Glock 19, if it doesn't smooth up I'm gonna sell it to a Glock guy and be done with it. I have shot the 92FS quite a bit and it has a nice smooth double action pull and a good single action pull.
    Spend your money on ammo for your Glocks.

User Tag List