Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pistol for a sister for ccw HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    I didn't realize crusty old Army retiree's could be so helpful concerning women's fashions Thanks buddy, I'll pass it along. good info.
    Well it is the new Army after all.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    More advice on concealed carry for women from an actual woman!

Shelley (the author of those posts) is 5'3 and weighs a scrap over 100lbs, and she can conceal a full size M&P 9mm. The Glock 19 shouldn't be a problem for your wife.
    Thx. Info forwarded. Look just because I am from KY no reason to call my sister my wife.

Sorry, I don't read very well. I went to school in Southern California in the 90s, it's not my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Well it is the new Army after all.
    I think he is OLD Army not new Army. If there is a knock on the door in the next few hours I wouldn't answer it if I were you.

LOL.

I got a foot in both camps. Enlisted in 1976, retired in 2011. Went from cotton fatigues and khakis to ACUs and polyester.

Kathy Jackson (owner of "corneredcat") is Caleb's issue. She's an "actual woman", is a member here and lives in the PNW.

I've worked with Kathy on many occasions, and her advice is generally excellent. It does tend to be targeted towards an...older demographic, which is I linked to Shelley's Concealed Carry Fashion reports as they're probably a bit more useful for a woman looking to stay fashionable and carry on body.

Keep digging, LOL.....

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    I think he is OLD Army not new Army. If there is a knock on the door in the next few hours I wouldn't answer it if I were you.
    I'm not worried. We have attack cats. They are very fierce when they're awake.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    I have zero problems being ugly, rude and brutal with a clerk who is a mouth breather.

Take a look at www.corneredcat.com for some good advice on ladies and concealment strategies.
    Hey, we aren't all bad. I've never once sold a .380 to anybody who didn't twist my arm first.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

I'd say the Glock 19 if she was willing to dress around it.. but like someone mentioned earlier generally they are not willing to.

woman wear tighter clothes than most men*

jeans are low and tight, to show off assets
    shirts are tight and short

consider a pocket pistol? something she could hide with ease, and actually carry consistently.

User Tag List