Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 series vs Beach Sand

Beretta 92 series vs Beach Sand

I really like my M9A1/A3 hybrid gun. With the TJIAB, it has the best DA trigger I've ever had owned(sorry to Sig & their P226 AEP). I'm a believer in "Passion of the Gun" and will train with whatever I want most at that moment. Currently, it is my B92 variant.

I'm looking to slim down to 1 pistol type with only 2-3 variants of that (full size & compact) in my safe. I've been very happy with the performance of my P228/P229 when exposed to surf conditions(in Sigs the DAK hammer spring increases the pull weight and will light off pretty much anything, no matter the debris between hammer & FP). We're entering boating season and I'm literally in the water 3+ times a month now, plus other trips with the family to the beach where the holstered pistol will be exposed to beach sand and lack of lubrication.

Should I be concerned with the M9A1 & B92 compact ability to work with low lubrication and FL Gulf Coast beach sand thrown into the action?

-Side note to this is how is Beretta's Bruniton finish hold up with salt water exposure?

Get sand resistant PVD mags from the M9A1, BrigTac or M9A3. They have a sand channel in them and a slick finish...designed for more hard environments overseas and battle-tested.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

@PGT
    I've bought a bunch of the MecGar mags; they've served well in my P226/P229 inventory and exposure. I finally had rust on my first mag; my reload mag which has been carried for the past few years had rust on the feedlip & where the carrier rubbed it against my body. I was assuming that MecGar would be GTG for the B92 as well since it's the same tube essentially (feed lips, capacity witness holes & mag catch appear to be the only differences).

My concern about the B92 series is looking from the top of the slide down and seeing the locking inserts and where they cam.

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    @PGT
    ).

My concern about the B92 series is looking from the top of the slide down and seeing the locking inserts and where they cam.
    Throw some sand in it and find out first hand

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Throw some sand in it and find out first hand
    It'll happen Friday if no one has done it before me.
    I just don't want to be dissatisfied with the results, post the gun for sale and have to disclaim "severe malfunctions due to environmental conditions" as that tends to lower value and add time on the market.

It'll happen Friday if no one has done it before me.
    I just don't want to be dissatisfied with the results, post the gun for sale and have to disclaim "severe malfunctions due to environmental conditions" as that tends to lower value and add time on the market.
    I think you’ll be okay.

Been lots of Berts carried and shot in and around moondust for be last 17 ish years
    Last edited by Duke; 03-13-2019 at 10:08 PM.

I’m pretty sure the Army & Navy have tested the 92 in conditions worse than what you’ll be doing.

I hesitate to post this because sample of one and all that...but this should give a general idea:
    Shoot more, post less...

have to disclaim "severe malfunctions due to environmental conditions"
    Are you serious?

Are you really rolling around in the sand and swimming in the beach with a pistol in your trunks?
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 03-14-2019 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Are you serious?

Are you really rolling around in the sand and swimming in the beach with a pistol in your trunks?
    Hopping off the bow of a boat onto waist deep water, yes.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

User Tag List