Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan interviews Pat McNamara

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

To say I am excited about this would be an understatement. Haven't listened yet, but I will be this evening.
    Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to listening.

PM's way more closer to normal than myself and some of my friends and family members. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    PM's way more closer to normal than myself and some of my friends and family members. YMMV
    EXACTLY.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    …….and he may have been born that way.

Okie John
    I laughed at that....

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I don’t think anyone here would recommend sloppy blazing at 3 feet for “training” either but i won’t argue that it’s not incredibly fun.
    Are you suggesting that shooting 12" plates at 5 yards with a $4000 handgun at basically full cyclic isn't good training?

Is there an already open thread about this?

Because it's one I'd genuinely be interested in. I see these people on the Taran videos blazing away but I can't really tell if they're hitting anything. I know that Taran is legit and many of his students are awesome, but is Keanu actually shooting well in those videos? Or Halle Berry or whichever other actors?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Is there an already open thread about this?
    Not that I am aware of.

Because it's one I'd genuinely be interested in. I see these people on the Taran videos blazing away but I can't really tell if they're hitting anything. I know that Taran is legit and many of his students are awesome, but is Keanu actually shooting well in those videos? Or Halle Berry or whichever other actors?
    I'd actually like to know too. Since a bunch of the videos are shot at the same side angle, it's really hard to tell how good the hits are. Also, since they're shooting a lot of big steel, it's tough to know. Simultaneously, they are shooting steel and I can hear the impacts on the videos, so they are definitely hitting something.

It appears at least Reeves, is a pretty fair shooter overall. If you compare JW1 training to JW3 training, you can see he has gotten faster, in particular in sight tracking and decision making with a pistol. And he def has the match-saver shell flick down like a boss.

Keanu runs it like a boss, no doubt.

At least that's what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Keanu runs it like a boss, no doubt.

At least that's what it looks like.
    And some of his Judo is spot on.
    He can ride the heck out of a sportbike on the track as well.

Keanu was a bit of a joke back in the "Point Break" days but I really like the dude now.
    Last edited by JodyH; 03-14-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

My favorite thing I’ve heard from PM, having not taken a class from him, were his thoughts on teaching from the American Gunfighter video- the “Performance Based” vs. “Outcome Based” theories of instruction. As someone who has taught some math and physics in his life, I could not agree more.

I’d love to shoot matches inspired by his YouTube video shorts.
    Last edited by Bergeron; 03-14-2019 at 06:05 PM.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

320mi from home, downloading now...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

User Tag List