Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan interviews Pat McNamara

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Don't you fuckin' talk shit about Family Feud.
    Reel it in.

Save it for Pfestiv....err PContrastivus

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Well this one got weird fast.

I generally posted this because I thought many people here would enjoy it. Maybe I should have posted the Alex Jones interview. If a person doesn't enjoy that one, then that person and I have very different senses of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I generally posted this because I thought many people here would enjoy it. Maybe I should have posted the Alex Jones interview. If a person doesn't enjoy that one, then that person and I have very different senses of humor.

I enjoyed it and thank you for posting it.

I probably wouldn't have caught it without your post.

PatMac makes me laugh. I appreciate his service to our country. The one thing I do get out of his Youtube vids is I need to watch my diet and be more active now that I'm knocking on 50. The other stuff is mostly entertainment to me.

Regards.

Split out all the "controversy" into a separate thread.

I will repeat what I posted in the podcast thread to LL’s first mention of this episode. I sincerely hope Rogan gets with Pat for training. Regardless of whether it’s the personality or not that attracted him, nothing bad comes from a widely respected pro 2A voice like Rogan being introduced to the world that we all take for granted. Rogan specifically stated that he thinks Keanu’s John WIck training looked “fun” and he wanted to try it. I don’t think anyone here would recommend sloppy blazing at 3 feet for “training” either but i won’t argue that it’s not incredibly fun. I’ve not trained with Pat M., but I’d guess it would be “fun” for a first timer looking for a tactical experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Split out all the "controversy" into a separate thread.
    can you link to that other thread? I can't find it in a quick scan and search is... searchy.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I’ve not trained with Pat M., but I’d guess it would be “fun” for a first timer looking for a tactical experience.
    More people ought to be okay with allowing themselves to have a little fun.

Like yesterday......at work, I verrrrry nearly had to shoot a guy with my patrol rifle. Like safety lever off finger on the trigger close. Then the very next call I assisted medics bringing a guy back from the brink of death on a UAD call. Got to watch them put the LUCAS device on him and all that. Had to go to a knife call........

So when I get home from work and I am then facing a mountain of laundry and housework, I'll lay on the loveseat for 15-30 minutes and watch something just to have fun and relax. Sort of washes all that crap away.

Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    TBH, I enjoyed both podcasts with Alex Jones. I liked the Pat Mac podcast and listened to it live. I knew it would go more to the fitness side of what he does rather than the training side because Rogan is more into fitness than guns and tends to steer the conversation in that direction. His podcasts with Jocko Willink and Andy Stumpf usually go the same way.

I follow Pat on IG mostly for the fitness content. I too am getting old (39) with some work related injuries (not from being a face shooter like Pat though) and find a lot of his workout stuff to be beneficial for me. I would train with Pat. From conversations I've had with people who've taken classes with him, the getting into character thing is something he does to kinda lighten the vibe and not something he does through the entire class. I can understand how someone could find it distracting though and the good news is, everyone and their baby mama is an instructor these days so if one guy doesn't do it for you, just throw a rock in another direction and you'll hit one.

I hope Rogan has Pat on again, I'd love to hear some stories from him about his time in Berlin in the 80's during the cold war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The interview he did for BCM's Gunfighter series is also worth watching.

I've seen several hours of training material from Pat, Panteao and his Combat Strength Training stuff, and I like the guy. His uber-machismo is a little thick at times, but he has fun with it and clearly doesn't take himself too seriously. I wish I could successfully embed stuff from Instagram on here, because he's posted some cool stuff.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Just listened to the podcast.

For a year or so back in the mid-80’s, Mac and I were assigned to different companies in 3rd Battalion, 1 SFG(A) at Ft. Lewis, WA. I bumped into him on a couple of battalion-level overseas deployments and occasionally at social events—he and my best friend were on the same ODA—before he left for more interesting places.

The Mac that you heard on the podcast was the professional version—the one he presents to strangers. The Mac that you see on YouTube and Instagram is the Mac that you’d see in the chow hall, on the range, around the team house, or over beers in somebody’s back yard. That’s also the Mac who ran the two-day carbine and pistol class that I took with him in 2012.

He has been like that at least since he was a Staff Sergeant, and he may have been born that way.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List