Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Showing the camera your gun is clear

1) I have no issue if presenters don't do it.

2) I am completely fine if presenters do it, as we all need constant reminders about safety (if Bill Jordan can kill a guy with a ND, no one is immune) and many viewers have no model for gun safety to begin with.

If I made videos, I would do it every time.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

And I think that will be new my sig for a while.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

It would be interesting to see one in the chamber when checking for clear on a video. Just to emphasize the importance of a safety check, although the YouTubers would probably go crazy about having a loaded gun and not checking before making a video. Never mind, bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I just wish they would speed up the talking and shorten the video. When I am searching for a video to see how to do something, I always pick the shortest video.

They could just show the empty mag well with the slide locked back while they are doing the intro. Quit wasting my time.

Life is too short to watch people saying "UH".
    I saw one the other day that they guy didn't say a word. It was actually refreshing. Would have left a comment but he already had a couple thanking him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I think it's funny to watch James Yeager videos because he usually says some variation of "My gun is loaded and if you don't like it tough shit."

The videos tend to go down hill after that
    That's what I like about Yeager. And he usually gives decent info if you can get past all the downhill part, which I do admit is pretty steep.
    ETA: I haven't seen one of his in well over a year either.
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 03-22-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I just wish they would speed up the talking and shorten the video. When I am searching for a video to see how to do something, I always pick the shortest video.

They could just show the empty mag well with the slide locked back while they are doing the intro. Quit wasting my time.

Life is too short to watch people saying "UH".
    "Hey guys! What's up? I know it's a one-way communication medium but I'm still going to pretend like we're having a conversation because I... um... kinda suck at public speaking. So today we're going to be talking about whatever is in the title of the video that you already read when you clicked on the link. Still, I'm going to pretend you are watching this with no idea why you loaded it up in the first place. And... um... rather than get to the point, I'm going to make you roll through several minutes of useless jabber because, well, that's what everybody else on youtube does. Also, I... um... plan to verbally explain things that would be more quickly read and better absorbed if I used youtube's caption feature. Ok, so now we're three minutes in and I haven't provided any useful information so let me show you that my gun is clear and... um... we'll get started."

User Tag List