Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Showing the camera your gun is clear

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Most people that produce online content make at least some concessions to the trolls. I’ve always assumed that’s all this is. “Let’s show you it’s clear so we don’t have to listen to the trolls shriek ‘how do we know it’s unloaded!’ In the comments”.
    This makes the most sense. I'm all for doing a chamber check. If I were making a video I know I'd subconsciously do it several times from habit. It's the actually talking it through and showing the camera part that I think gets me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I think it's funny to watch James Yeager videos because he usually says some variation of "My gun is loaded and if you don't like it tough shit."

The videos tend to go down hill after that
    Pretty brave to admit you watch Yeager videos. I’m impressed. 🤟🏾

(That is kinda funny though.)
    Last edited by BigD; 03-14-2019 at 12:07 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Pretty brave to admit you watch Yeager videos. I’m impressed. 🤟🏾

(That is kinda funny though.)
    To be fair to James Yeager he did a video on how to secure things in your vehicle economically that actually wasn't bad. He did another video on the ooda loop that actually made sense but YouTube deleted it. Other than that I don't think I've watched a video of his in a year or so

Sometimes it's to the point where it's obnoxious. It's certainly not right to joke about safety but at the same time it's one of the things that's seemingly becoming something that people will virtue signal.

Of the limited videos I've done, only half have showed the gun as clear. No one has mentioned it either way.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Sometimes it's to the point where it's obnoxious. It's certainly not right to joke about safety but at the same time it's one of the things that's seemingly becoming something that people will virtue signal.

Of the limited videos I've done, only half have showed the gun as clear. No one has mentioned it either way.
    You need to develop your persona.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you don't have the coverage that Taran does, and also point out that Jade Struck likely attracts a wide range of views with the thumbnails they choose.

I just wish they would speed up the talking and shorten the video. When I am searching for a video to see how to do something, I always pick the shortest video.

They could just show the empty mag well with the slide locked back while they are doing the intro. Quit wasting my time.

Life is too short to watch people saying "UH".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I just wish they would speed up the talking and shorten the video. When I am searching for a video to see how to do something, I always pick the shortest video.
    Ever since I discovered you could change the playback speed in YouTube, I’ve been able to tolerate watching more videos.

Even a lot of good podcasts are only bearable at x1.5 or faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post

They could just show the empty mag well with the slide locked back while they are doing the intro. Quit wasting my time.

Life is too short to watch people saying "UH".
    Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Ever since I discovered you could change the playback speed in YouTube, I’ve been able to tolerate watching more videos.

Even a lot of good podcasts are only bearable at x1.5 or faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This is why I usually prefer a written version to the video version. I watch pretty much everything on youtube at 1.25 or 1.5 if I'm going to watch the video version.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    I came here for knowledge...thread delivers!

User Tag List