Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Formula 1 Thread

2019 Formula 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Bullshit win by Mercedes today in Canada. Vettel had no where to go on the turn and a 5 second penalty is completely unwarranted. Completely fubar by Race Control and the Stewards decision.

Congrats to Hamilton he did nothing except race hard for a good second place. I don’t blame him for taking the win.

Leclerc did well also, very close to the winning pace all day.

Strong weekend for the Red Cars.
    Not really a BS win. Read the rules. It’s open to interpretation. Hamilton was completely off the track and hard on the brakes. That fact opens it up for review.

The PROPER call would have been for Vettel to relinquish the position then continue racing. He had the pace it seemed to have several attempts to pass before the checkered flag.

But, no. They gave a five second penalty which I felt he’d struggle to obtain and hold without traffic playing a role.

If you wish to see a truly BS call go to YouTube and search “Spa 2008 last three laps”

https://youtu.be/Rzy79ieIf64

That’s the worst by far I’ve witnessed in ~37 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 06-10-2019 at 06:41 AM.

Another development on the controversy:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...nalty-decision

"The movement to straighten the wheel, which put the Ferrari into the path of Hamilton's Mercedes, is believed to be key to the unanimous decision by the stewards to punish Vettel.

The stewards also used an extra CCTV camera view of the incident, which was not broadcast on the international television feed, showing Vettel moving his head and looking in the mirrors to see Hamilton was during the moments when he was releasing the wheel to the right."

@Mjolnir interesting. What do you think?

"The movement to straighten the wheel, which put the Ferrari into the path of Hamilton's Mercedes, is believed to be key to the unanimous decision by the stewards to punish Vettel.

The stewards also used an extra CCTV camera view of the incident, which was not broadcast on the international television feed, showing Vettel moving his head and looking in the mirrors to see Hamilton was during the moments when he was releasing the wheel to the right."

I’ve been explaining this very thing on social media ever since it happened. I truly believe Vettel would’ve been okay had he yielded and/or corrected left.

Whether oversteer or on purpose, he made two distinct corrections to the right.

Had he yielded the position he would not have been totally out of the race as his car had the pace to stay with Hamilton.

His (understandable) desire to stay ahead put him in the potential crosshairs of the stewards and they pressed the trigger.

...and two weeks to go to 2 races in seven days. The circus goes back East to the Continent with the French and Austrian GPs in successive weeks.

Looking forward to Qualifying at Circuit Paul Ricard. If memory serves, this is a track which should reward top end grunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Had he yielded the position he would not have been totally out of the race as his car had the pace to stay with Hamilton.

His (understandable) desire to stay ahead put him in the potential crosshairs of the stewards and they pressed the trigger.

heh.

Attachment 38899

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Not really a BS win. Read the rules. It’s open to interpretation. Hamilton was completely off the track and hard on the brakes. That fact opens it up for review.

The PROPER call would have been for Vettel to relinquish the position then continue racing. He had the pace it seemed to have several attempts to pass before the checkered flag.

But, no. They gave a five second penalty which I felt he’d struggle to obtain and hold without traffic playing a role.

If you wish to see a truly BS call go to YouTube and search “Spa 2008 last three laps”

https://youtu.be/Rzy79ieIf64

That’s the worst by far I’ve witnessed in ~37 years.

I agree, not a BS win, but rather a BS rule/call. Way too much regulations ate ruining the sport. Let those guys race!

That’s historically been an Italian Prancing Stallion thing.

Who are the Agnelli Family?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyv View Post
    I agree, not a BS win, but rather a BS rule/call. Way too much regulations ate ruining the sport. Let those guys race!
    It’s the DRIVERS who push for these rules. It’s THEIR lives and THEIR careers on the line.

Vettel we’re allowing Hamilton to threaten to pass and Vettel did what I would have tried to do - close the door.

Same as any racer.

The rules are what they are and are interpreted race to race.

Vettel is very desperate. He’s not dominated his teammate without management intervention and the team looks like shit and I’m certain some are looking at more “changes” so deflecting this to a rule is rather a deflection and many don’t perceive it.

Can Vettel break the “curse of Scuderia Ferrari” (the place you go to end your career)?

We’ll see.

...and two weeks to go to 2 races in seven days. The circus goes back East to the Continent with the French and Austrian GPs in successive weeks.

Looking forward to Qualifying at Circuit Paul Ricard. If memory serves, this is a track which should reward top end grunt.

As will Silverstone, Spa and Monza.

User Tag List