Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Formula 1 Thread

Who’s ready for Monaco?

https://youtu.be/XsJ8aYc7AHM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rest In Peace Niki Lauda.

https://youtu.be/7Q4ShW8K0o0
    Last edited by RJ; 05-22-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Good win for Lewis. Great drive by Vettel for 2nd.

P6 for Sainz; he and McLaren are going to be interesting to watch from here on out.

https://youtu.be/nE2vQ-Jm7LE

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Good win for Lewis. Great drive by Vettel for 2nd.

P6 for Sainz; he and McLaren are going to be interesting to watch from here on out.

https://youtu.be/nE2vQ-Jm7LE
    I'm almost disappointed that it wasn't another MB 1-2. At least then the F1 organization couldn't deny that the season is just boring. When MB's car is so dominate that Hamilton can win with the tire drama, I really don't see a point in watching anymore races.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    I'm almost disappointed that it wasn't another MB 1-2. At least then the F1 organization couldn't deny that the season is just boring. When MB's car is so dominate that Hamilton can win with the tire drama, I really don't see a point in watching anymore races.
    Nothing “boring” about it.

It wasn’t boring when Red Bull and Vettel dominated nor was it boring when Ferrari and Schumacher dominated. Same with Williams-Renault or McLaren-Honda.

And for other series, how many 24 Hours of LeMans did Audi win in a row?

THIRTEEN (13)!

And I watched them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Formula 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    Every effort is usually dominated by the well-organized, the well-funded, the well equipped and the well-staffed.

MBZ has done well, sure, but don't forget that that the team started life as Tyrrell in 1971, before going on through BAR, Honda, and Brawn GP before becoming the "Mercedes" team. It ain't Fangio's Mercedes team, that's for sure.

But credit where credit is due; Lewis and Valteri are for sure very consistent drivers and are backed by a team with huge resources.

I admire that.

I also admire and track the mid-pack as well; which is why I'm so interested in McLaren and whether Siedel can help to turn them around.

Plus, of course, Bruce McLaren was a mechanic then driver for John Cooper, who was twice World Champion in 1959 and 1960.

Who used to service my cars in Ferring Hants when he owned a Honda dealership in the UK.

Who I connected up with when I showed my '67 Austin Cooper S winning the John White Cub at the Mini Cooper Register Day at Beaulieu. This would be me in the T shirt accepting the trophy from Mr. Cooper:

Last edited by RJ; 05-28-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Hammertime
    I just watched the Netflix documentary on the 2018 season which has me interested again.

Am I alone in thinking the head guy at Mclaren is a joke? That is a great team in need of leadership.

The Red Bull Leader seems amazing though.

Could be editing.

Well I'm not sure they need it, but...

"Lewis Hamilton is set to receive a boost in his quest for the world championship, with Mercedes to unleash an upgraded engine for this week's Canadian Grand Prix."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...=1490&ito=1490

Bullshit win by Mercedes today in Canada. Vettel had no where to go on the turn and a 5 second penalty is completely unwarranted. Completely fubar by Race Control and the Stewards decision.

Congrats to Hamilton he did nothing except race hard for a good second place. I don’t blame him for taking the win.

Leclerc did well also, very close to the winning pace all day.

Strong weekend for the Red Cars.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Bullshit win by Mercedes today in Canada. Vettel had no where to go on the turn and a 5 second penalty is completely unwarranted. Completely fubar by Race Control and the Stewards decision.

Congrats to Hamilton he did nothing except race hard for a good second place. I don’t blame him for taking the win.

Leclerc did well also, very close to the winning pace all day.

Strong weekend for the Red Cars.
    Agreed w/ most but this > " Strong weekend for the Red Cars. " is the 1st time in 2019 we had a strong wknd.

User Tag List