Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Formula 1 Thread

ESPN2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Leclerc takes Pole and depending on the getaway he may take a victory. But that is only if he (or Vettel) can uphold the third and fourth place cars to allow the leader to pull a gap.

The MB was 0.2 second quicker on the longer run but there’s likely more to come from both cars.

Should be interesting!!

Damn 1-2 on the grid for der Silberpfeile again. MBZ looks strong.

Shame for Leclerc, but he sadly understeered right into the wall for a 10th place start.

https://youtu.be/FVxuNlzhuz8

8th to 5th was a good showing for Leclerc, he would have needed a well time safety car to close the gap. He raced smart and didn’t make the dumb mistakes the Vettel is prone to making when he gets behind.
    Last edited by txdpd; 04-28-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    8th to 5th was a good showing for Leclerc, he would have needed a well time safety car to close the gap. He raced smart and didn’t make the dumb mistakes the Vettel is prone to making when he gets behind.
    It almost seems like Scuderia Ferrari are sabotaging Leclerc... He should have been pitted earlier and placed on Mediums as opposed to waiting (too late) and placed on Softs.

What about Bottas? Wow! He controlled the race from Turn 4.

Last race he was behaving rather pissy - like Nico used to after being beaten by Hamilton. They seemed rather icy with one another after the race.

Back to Ferrari

What’s going on there?? Their car showed soo much promise during testing... And Leclerc has been quicker than Vettel despite the points each has.

And four (4) 1-2 finishes in four (4) races by MB is unheard of.

Honda

Wow! [emoji106][emoji106]

They need a bit more to get Verstappen close enough to challenge for the win. I think he’s better than Leclerc.

https://youtu.be/ADV4yT7Sln8

Pretty familiar story in FP2.

Be interesting to see what shakes out as Andreas Seidel takes over at McLaren, after leading Porsche’s LMP1 program.

2019 Formula 1 Thread

Did you see the article that Hamilton’s No. 2 Engineer is now Bottas’ Lead Engineer and is responsible for Bottas’ new form?

I’ll post it here:

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...YDXUQ9ktnNYohA

Last edited by Mjolnir; 05-10-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Yawn another Benz 1-2.

I think the most interesting race of the season is coming up. I’m not normally interested in Monaco, but I’m interested in what’s going to happen on a tight and twisty track with the new front wings.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Hamilton dominated the race by a fair margin.

Proof that his qualifying time may very well have been to a non-fully-charged battery.

He was nearly 7/10ths down from Bottas in Q3.

The start made a HUGE difference as trailing another car will inevitably reduce downforce so we don’t know if and when Valterri backed off a bit.

Hamilton’s right rear was delaminating which would indicate that he was not backing off. What surprised me was that Bottas came in first. I was expecting him to stay out and win the race at that point.

But even after the safety car Hamilton rocketed away with what appeared to be a Qualifying Lap. And that was all that was needed as just controlled the gap to second.

Red Bull-Honda

Verstappen is a Pit Bulldog in a race car and it’s ALWAYS interesting watching him race. I hope he gets more podiums and a win or three this season.

Scuderia Ferrari

Not sure what has happened in Maranello. As the season progresses it appears more disastrous as they initially LOOKED to be the team to beat in testing this year and have had very competitive cars the past two seasons.

I like Vettel but this far I think he’s being exposed a bit by Charles Leclerc.

Strategy-wise the decisions are coming too slowly and their pit stops were “slow” (compared to AMG MB).

Mercedes Drivers Post Race

I don’t think they are nearly as close to one another this season. This is the third race in a row they do not appear to be very close. I get that competition can do that but I expect fireworks before this season is over. Hamilton is the more emotional of the two so look for comments to be made that will exacerbate things.

Monaco!

Watch Verstappen!!

Even though it was another MBZ 1-2 in Spain there were some behind the scenes as usual lol.

https://youtu.be/Hhnp176EITc

P8 for Sainz and McLaren, not bad I thought. Looking forward to how Seidel shakes up the team.

User Tag List