Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Formula 1 Thread

Site Supporter
    Is F1 the sport in which rule changes made it so it's almost impossible for drivers to overtake each other? Does that make it less fun to watch?

Do Indy cars turn both ways or is it mostly on oval tracks? I know oval racing must be hugely challenging because of the speeds involved and the constant focus required, but it seems less interesting than racing on road courses.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Is F1 the sport in which rule changes made it so it's almost impossible for drivers to overtake each other? Does that make it less fun to watch?

Do Indy cars turn both ways or is it mostly on oval tracks? I know oval racing must be hugely challenging because of the speeds involved and the constant focus required, but it seems less interesting than racing on road courses.
    Learn a little about auto racing, watch both, and you'll immediately gravitate towards one or the other. The primary difference is F1 has far fewer limits on what kind of car they can build, so a few teams naturally dominate. Whether that's very good or very bad is an eternal argument, but in the end they're just very different sports that both just happen to involve open wheel race cars on roads.

As far as ovals being boring compared to road or street courses that seems to be a common opinion of people that never watch racing. I think it's a side effect of modern NASCAR which is borderline endurance racing. They're both going in circles just in slightly different fashion to me
    Last edited by Peally; 03-13-2019 at 09:34 AM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I’d like to see someone knock Mercedes off its perch. Be interesting to see if Vettel did some serious growing up in the off season. After Italy, Vettel didn’t have a great chance of taking the championship, but he was his own worst enemy and made sure he couldn’t take it.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    I’d like to see someone knock Mercedes off its perch. Be interesting to see if Vettel did some serious growing up in the off season. After Italy, Vettel didn’t have a great chance of taking the championship, but he was his own worst enemy and made sure he couldn’t take it.
    Agreed on both counts DPD, but my dislike for MB & their dominance has more to do w/ Hamilton than the org. behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    I do not believe the Ferrari car was within the rules and changes were made which explain the drop in performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be there! My friends and I long time ago already rented property in Melbourne, got our best spots for this event, can't wait!

F1 does not interest me in any way. I actually think it is lame. The tech the cars always have are cool, but sometimes they over do it, evidence by rules always changing and protests from teams and stuff.

I prefer IMSA racing (prototype, Rolex Daytona, GT). All of the cars are on the track at the same time. The quality of racing is really high and you don’t have all the BS the F1. The cars will do 6,12 and of course the 24 hour of Le Mans.

The cars and drivers are all at the top of the game. Also the GT cars you can get behind because there are actual street versions of the sports cars(911, Vette’s, m3s, etc.)

Great race by Mercedes with the 1-2 in Melbourne.

Bottas had the drop on Hamilton at the start and never looked back.

Bahrain coming up this weekend.

Will Renault show something?

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...EaCbbMiuI.html

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Bahrain coming up this weekend.

Will Renault show something?

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...EaCbbMiuI.html
    It would be nice!

I’m thinking Red Bull & Ferrari will take the battle to M-B this weekend - or at least I hope.

I’m a fan of Lewis Hamilton but I enjoy watching LeClerc and Verstappen, to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List