Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Formula 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    As will Silverstone, Spa and Monza.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Saw Schumi in a Benneton at Silverstone while I was working in the UK. That was quite an enjoyable weekend.

Never been to Spa but between that and Monaco are my absolute favorite circuits I’d like to see a race at. Id love to be parked in a chair at Eau Rouge lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    It’s the DRIVERS who push for these rules. It’s THEIR lives and THEIR careers on the line.

Vettel we’re allowing Hamilton to threaten to pass and Vettel did what I would have tried to do - close the door.

Same as any racer.

The rules are what they are and are interpreted race to race.

Vettel is very desperate. He’s not dominated his teammate without management intervention and the team looks like shit and I’m certain some are looking at more “changes” so deflecting this to a rule is rather a deflection and many don’t perceive it.

Can Vettel break the “curse of Scuderia Ferrari” (the place you go to end your career)?

We’ll see.

Hmmm, it seems I always hear the drivers complaining about the rules, blaming the F1 organizers for bad rules. First I heard that it's the drivers that want more regs. Vettel recovered well and definitely closed the door on Hamilton. A great racy move!

2019 Formula 1 Thread

Not sure how many sportscar fans Pistol forum has, but there must be some in this thread: Le Mans is this weekend. Definitely going to rewatch my copy of Lemans with Steve McQueen.

Going to be keeping an eye on the race Saturday through Sunday. I’ll be rooting for these guys

Last edited by RJ; 06-12-2019 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Not sure how many sportscar fans Pistol forum has, but there must be some in this thread: Le Mans is this weekend. Definitely going to rewatch my copy of Lemans with Steve McQueen.

Going to be keeping an eye on the race Saturday through Sunday. I’ll be rooting for these guys

Absolutely!!!

[emoji322][emoji323][emoji324][emoji48]

LeMans and Daytona > anything F1... especially these days.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I still love F1.

It matters not who is winning. It’s a challenging feat. And there are two drivers fighting for pole position.

Yes, it would be better if it was four guys and three teams but it is what it is.

In IMSA Racing there is the “Balance of Performance” and it applies to the FIA World Endurance Championship as they try to equalize the performance of the cars.

I think MotoGP is the most exciting race series (for ontrack battles) and the World Rally Championship the best for driver ability.

French GP weekend and P5 and P6 for the Porsche-McLarens.

Awesome job guys.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=do-nQKwosgc

MBZ executing for a 1-2 grid lockout - again.

Vettel looked distracted; maybe he’s still thinking about his honeymoon. . Good job by Leclerc should be an interesting start tomorrow.

Vettel seemed perturbed over the radio during qualifying; kinda sarcastic.

I like him but he’s standing on thin ice.

Another solid performance by MBZ and Lewis, they are in top form. You have to hand it to them, race in and race out they are reliable and very strong.

Be interesting if the race had gone another five laps if Leclerc could have caught Bottas; he had the legs on him at the end I reckon.

Great weekend for McLaren with a strong top ten finish by both cars; shame for Norris as I understand he was having steering issues (not sure - I was partly occupied during the race) or some kind of hydraulic problem? Unfortunate he lost a few places on the last lap - he must have been fuming. Great team effort though. It is really going to be interesting to see where Seidl and the team go from here the rest of the season.

Wow!

Lewis & Mercedes...

Just... wow.

User Tag List