Bottas? Hamilton? Vettel? Leclerc?

Free Practice *might* give us a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    What’s everyone’s take for Austria?

Bottas? Hamilton? Vettel? Leclerc?

Free Practice *might* give us a clue.

Lets see... wild guess...Mercedes 1-2 on the grid?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Damn Rich, I hear that limb creaking due to how far you went out on it w/ that ......... just saying.

Well well well.

Good day for the Scuderia in Östereich. Leclerc did a smoking hot lap to take pole.

Norris with P6, way to go McLaren.

What was up with Seb’s car? P10 and no q time?

Going to be an interesting race.

Fantastic racing today at the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

Congrats to Lewis and Valteri for a 1-2 MBZ win; I'd have to give my driver of the day to Leclerc though with a strong P3.

Good finish for McLaren as well with P6 for Sainz but Norris finished well back from running P7 most of the race.

It was an unfortunate day for Vettel; clonking Max Verstappen in the back like that well, I guess it was racing, but seems a pretty poor move by an ex-world champion racing driver...but I guess we all make mistakes in the heat of the moment. The Ferrari bosses will not be best pleased, I'm sure.

Fantastic racing today at the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.
    Agree! While Lewis was fortunate to have the yellow to pit under, get the lead, and then pretty much drive to a comfortable win after that, there was no shortage of drama elsewhere. The dicing between Leclerc and Verstappen was exceptional racing.

Let's hope the second half of the season does not go as poorly for Ferrari as last year; couldn't help but think of that and wince as Vettel plunked Verstappen. So far, Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull have kept us well entertained, at least at those tracks that provide passing opportunities.

And that Honda power appears to continue to improve.

Sunday the circus moves to the Hockenheim Ring.

I came across this interesting history of the track.

https://youtu.be/pBXxyZjx_To

I’m thinking (depending on the weather - MB 1 & 2 if it’s relatively cool and they have enough of the proper tires).

I hate how you choose in advance what tire you want. [emoji35]

Ferrari may have a decent shot at being on the podium as I do not THINK the Red Bull can match them down the straights.

Holy crap! What a race Hockenheim was this year. If there was one you want to have on DVR, this is it. I don't know where to begin...but covering the podium:

What a race by Max and Redbull. They are on it the whole race, despite being caught flat-footed at the rain delayed start by loss of traction (?). Just a great team effort and a well earned victory. And a point for fastest lap for 26 on the day, at the end as the slicks caught up to the rapidly drying track.

Seb - what can one say? Starting at the literal back of the grid - and finishing second. Huge personal victory for the Red Cars - Leclerc must be beside himself skittering off the track into the kitty litter.

And Kvyat - Even getting pipped by Seb on the last lap a well deserved third place. Great weekend for Honda with a 1-3-6 as well as for Red Bull/Toro Rosso.

My McLaren team was a solid P5 by Sainz - Lando having booted himself off the track with a DNF at 25 laps if I recall correctly - he joined 6 others exploring the track boundaries though; it was that kind of day.

This was literally a race I watched from start to finish - very exciting. Most unfortunate for Mercedes - for sure they will be back for Hungary which unusually for F1 is next weekend. If you enjoy motor racing at the highest level, this was a fantastic event.

And just as there was all the talk about how boring F1 had become, we have the last two races. The team strategists must be cross-eyed from looking at the radar. Rain?? Yes . . . yes. Bring 'em in. No! NO! Leave them out. No rain.

Verstappen had what, five pit stops changing tires?

Can't get much better.

User Tag List