Thread: Federal Court issues injunction barring background checks for ammo in California

Site Supporter

Federal Court issues injunction barring background checks for ammo in California

I noticed that some of the e-mails from vendors selling ammo are saying "direct to California Customers".

I checked the news and, sure enough, a Federal Court had issued an opinion:

A federal judge blocked a California law requiring background checks for every ammunition purchase on Thursday.

Judge Benitez said he was "mindful" of the will of the majority of voters, but said "the Constitution remains a shield from the tyranny of the majority."

"Law-abiding citizens are imbued with the unalienable right to keep and bear firearms along with the ammunition to make their firearms work," he wrote. "That a majority today may wish it were otherwise, does not change the Constitutional right. It never has."

Good!

https://freebeacon.com/courts/federa...onstitutional/

The decision is 120 pages.
    Last edited by idahojess; 04-24-2020 at 02:13 PM. Reason: clarified court ruling

My friend stood in line for three hours for some ammo. While frustrated, she was happy to purchase some

User Tag List