Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids!

My son picking some wild black berries.
    Name:  20180429_184539.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  75.4 KB
    Both the kids walking the dog with some cows off in the background. My daughter kept mooing and them.
    Name:  20180429_190344.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  82.6 KB
    My daughter picking flowers.
    Name:  20180429_193027.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  36.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Name:  r.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  28.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    Both the kids walking the dog with some cows off in the background. My daughter kept mooing at them.
    My granddaughter has a habit that every time she sees cows, she yells "Steak steak steak!"

I have no idea who taught her that.......

I've tried to get mine to do something like that, but the wife is better at de-programming than I am at programming human behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    My granddaughter has a habit that every time she sees cows, she yells "Steak steak steak!"

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

When my oldest daughter was little, barely old enough to talk, we (me, wife, & daughter) hopped in the car and went for a ride. We were headed down the main drag just outside of our neighborhood.

Out of the blue, our daughter in the child seat in back, said, "Bye, bye pizza. Bye, bye french fries. Bye, bye ice cream." I looked at my wife with the, "boy, that was an odd rambling from a little kid who can barely talk", look. However, I then realized we had just passed - in order - Pizza Hut, McDonald's, and an ice cream store. I came to the conclusion my wife and daughter had become regulars at these establishments.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    When my oldest daughter was little, barely old enough to talk, we (me, wife, & daughter) hopped in the car and went for a ride. We were headed down the main drag just outside of our neighborhood.

Out of the blue, our daughter in the child seat in back, said, "Bye, bye pizza. Bye, bye french fries. Bye, bye ice cream." I looked at my wife with the, "boy, that was an odd rambling from a little kid who can barely talk", look. However, I then realized we had just passed - in order - Pizza Hut, McDonald's, and an ice cream store. I came to the conclusion my wife and daughter had become regulars at these establishments.
    "Good children get treats" is a phrase often heard here at Rancho Serious.

My granddaughter would probably arm-wrestle an alligator for a chocolate-dipped ice cream cone from Dairy Queen.

We're moving from NC to MI...got recruited for a job far too good to pass up. Young Conan is loving the mayhem:

Name:  Loch in a Box.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  32.0 KB

And later spending quality time with his best buddy:

Name:  Best Buds.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  32.7 KB

My 15 year old boy.
    We did a 19 mile overnighter in the Guadalupe Mountains.
    This included an elevation gain of 2800' in 9 miles at an average pace of 2.7mph.

Attachment 25980
    Last edited by JodyH; 05-03-2018 at 06:32 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    My 15 year old boy.
    We did a 19 mile overnighter in the Guadalupe Mountains.
    This included an elevation gain of 2800' in 9 miles at an average pace of 2.7mph.

Attachment 25980
    Have you ever done a summer hike there? Like June-August?

I love those mountains and I will either hike there or Big Bend this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Have you ever done a summer hike there? Like June-August?

I love those mountains and I will either hike there or Big Bend this summer.
    I've hiked the Guads and Big Bend in all seasons for over 30 years.
    The problem with summer hiking in both is there's no reliable water sources and you have to carry all your water.
    With clear skies at 5000'-7000'+ elevation, no humidity, steady winds and 95-115 degree temps you need at least one gallon (I prefer 1.25) per person, per day.
    We went in early April with very moderate temps (around 70 for a high) and 16# of our 35# pack weight was water for an overnighter and we both had less than a liter when we got back to the truck (and that's using MRE's for food, so all that water was used for drinking).
    PM me for more info on some cool day hikes and overnighters in both areas.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List