Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids!

I'm working out MIL dope on my phone while my 12 year old dry fires (yes he put on safety glasses before shooting).

Coaching him to a first shot hit on a 24"x24" steel plate @ 900 yards followed up by a first shot hit on a 10" plate at 615 yards.

He's shooting a custom 6.5.
    I was stretching the legs on my H&K MR762 the same day, with it I was 5 for 5 on a 6" plate @ 615 yards with factory Hornady OTM .308, 1 moa at 600Y out of a 16" AR... i'm good with that.
    It was a good day for sniping.
    We're headed back out Sunday to shoot the .338 out to 1.5 miles.
    Last edited by JodyH; 02-27-2015 at 05:28 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Very cool, Jody!
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post

This is Emily, the youngest of our three children. Em is a RN in the Blake 12 ICU at Mass Gen Hospital in Boston.

On April 15, 2013 my wife, Emily and I were on our way home from a trip to visit family on Long Island. Though she had the day off, her cell phone rang and she was told to report to work immediately. It was 3:00 PM when she arrived at the hospital and the Boston Marathon bombing victims were still arriving.

Over the course of the next few weeks, my wife and I watched Emily lose her innocence of having never seen carnage and despair. Emily was assigned to the nursing team tending Marc Fucarile, who was severely injured when the second bomb detonated under him.

The Boston Athletic Commission, which operates the marathon, donated running spots for the 2014 marathon to the staff of MGH and Emily ran and completed the marathon. For those interested, here are links to interviews of Emily and the five other nurses from the Blake 12 ICU who ran;

http://www.myfoxboston.com/video?cli...autostart=true

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...pires_6_to_run

Marc attended the 2014 marathon and was at the finish line to greet the MGH nurses who had helped him survive his ordeal;

Needless to say, we are extremely proud of Emily. As her father, I am still left wondering where these earth angels come from, because the care, dedication and emotional support Em and her fellow nurses gave to the victims is beyond my ability to grasp.

Thanks for looking.
    That story made me smile. I may be a little biased, but I personally think If you raised a nurse, you did something right

those are some fancy revolvers, I am sure Nyeti is looking for a few like that!

Academy Sports, $13 for the pair. They hold 100 caps too!

Those are the little mans first set of pistols.

Awesome Pic...He needs boots and a hat and lots of old cowboy reruns.

Quote Originally Posted by 167 View Post
    Academy Sports, $13 for the pair. They hold 100 caps too!

Those are the little mans first set of pistols.

Just left seating a 737. No big deal.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Backyard range time in the rain. Hey he wanted to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List