Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Kids!

My first child. Just over two weeks old now. I'm one proud daddy.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Name:  9FE28F27-8849-4742-87DA-7067192D932E.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  70.2 KBThat’s a pretty solid bedside table for an 11yo.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Little range time with the kiddos today. 9y/o’s first time on a center fire handgun

Name:  0E80B202-EAA8-4CB2-BDED-7FCC0D66024C.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  102.1 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    Do kids have to be little for this thread?

Here's a pic (screen grab) my son sent us today....

After 4 semesters pursuing a Physics-Math (Data Science) double major, starting out with almost all of his BS classes covered by HS dual-credit. No English I and II in here.

"Proud" doesn't come close.

Working on finding a summer internship doing something more impactful than working at the gym.

Name:  Spr2022.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  22.7 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Might not be the right thread. mods please remove if not allowed.

Anyone know where I can find a gun belt for a 10 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post

I reckon that most any of the infinitely-adjustable nylon belts with no internal stiffener and a belt end keeper instead of velcro could be reduced to the correct size, and any extra length could then be cut off and the end heat sealed.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post

Surplus
    Name:  IMG_20220905_170218.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  44.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Do kids have to be little for this thread?

Here's a pic (screen grab) my son sent us today....

After 4 semesters pursuing a Physics-Math (Data Science) double major, starting out with almost all of his BS classes covered by HS dual-credit. No English I and II in here.

"Proud" doesn't come close.

Working on finding a summer internship doing something more impactful than working at the gym.

Name:  Spr2022.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  22.7 KB
    30 credits further along... all 300-400 level physics/math/stem.... <shudder>

He was a tiny bit crushed to get his first B in the Fall semester. A 400-level Stats class, finished with an 88 overall and couldn't find a way to earn the extra 2 points.

Got involved with a research project this year, as well as some interesting non-egghead extracurriculars. Burned the candle at both ends and the middle. Working a summer internship doing cool science stuff.

1 year to go.... he's hoping to hold on to Summa and finish with dual majors and a minor.
    We just shake our heads, remind him to have fun along the way (which he does) and tell him to ask if he needs anything.

Name:  s2023.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  11.8 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    1 year to go.... he's hoping to hold on to Summa and finish with dual majors and a minor.
    Name:  s2023.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  11.8 KB
    Two words: Boo. Yah.

Good for you and little Biv!

We're going on a road trip this summer because it's time to (shudder)... visit vet schools for Older Offspring. She's killing it as an undergrad, but it's time to look at the next step in The Plan.

We signed up Younger Offspring for a week long engineering camp (at my alma matter!) to see if that is indeed what he wants to do. He'll stay in the dorms and experience a different engineering discipline every half-day; he may be going into architectural engineering.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Two words: Boo. Yah.

Good for you and little Biv!

We're going on a road trip this summer because it's time to (shudder)... visit vet schools for Older Offspring. She's killing it as an undergrad, but it's time to look at the next step in The Plan.

We signed up Younger Offspring for a week long engineering camp (at my alma matter!) to see if that is indeed what he wants to do. He'll stay in the dorms and experience a different engineering discipline every half-day; he may be going into architectural engineering.
    Thanks!... He's worked hard and earned it...

My limited experience with Vet school says it's not an easy slot to get. The limited number of schools are often state sponsored and give preference to residents, as well. A good friend from college had to establish residency and take classes without yet being matriculated, in order to gain entrance into NCSU vet school (granted, this was in the late 80's, so, things may have changed... possibly for the worse)...

More recently, the very-smart daughter of a friend decided to follow a different path after she came to believe that her A-/B+ college grades were not sufficient to get her into Vet school.

Doing summer camps at university was great prep for my youngest. He went back last summer as an RA and had a great time as well... I hope yours has a similar experience.

User Tag List