Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Countries Restricting 737 MAX Flights After Second Crash

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    “Misfiring”? The folks at the WSJ must have been having a “verb of the day” contest, or more than likely they pulled the office village idiot from a slow gun control day and had them work in the aviation division instead.

They’re all still parked in the desert, lined up like little tin soldiers. I cannot imagine the financial liability Boeing is going to incur on this. It’s my understanding AA has removed them off the schedule thru at least early August, and is frantically yanking Mad Dogs out of the same desert they are parking the Max’s in. I’m sure they are not alone. We had initial deliveries set for mid-June, but the impact is minimal. Somewhere, there is the former 757 program engineer who TRIED to voice his opinion before the tooling was scrapped...enjoying a nice glass of scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Somewhere, there is the former 757 program engineer who TRIED to voice his opinion before the tooling was scrapped...enjoying a nice glass of scotch.
    Along with the F-22 Raptor program lead.

Garden variety 737 mishap, runway overrun landing in a thunderstorm.

http://news.trust.org/item/20190504025946-r4z0w
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Not good.

Not good news is starting to spread about staffing.

A Russian plane exploded in a fireball as it made an emergency landing at Moscow’s main international airport - killing at least 13 people.
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...moscow-airport

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/06/72055...h-in-indonesia

Boeing knew that there was a problem with one of the safety features on its 737 Max planes back in 2017 – well before the Lion Air crash in October 2018 and the Ethiopian Airlines crash in March. But it did not disclose the issue to airlines or safety regulators until after the Lion Air plane crashed off the Indonesian coast, killing all 189 aboard.

In a statement Sunday, Boeing said its engineers discovered a problem with a key safety indicator within months of Boeing delivering the first 737 Max planes to airlines. The indicator, called an angle of attack disagree alert, is designed to warn pilots if the plane's sensors are transmitting contradictory data about the direction of the plane's nose.

Boeing intended for the indicator to be standard on the 737 Max, in keeping with the features available on previous generation of 737s. But its engineers discovered that the sensor only worked with a separate, optional safety feature. Boeing said the faulty software was delivered by a vendor, which it didn't name.

Guess those millions of $$ in PowerPoint savings might not be all that real.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Boeing intended for the indicator to be standard on the 737 Max, in keeping with the features available on previous generation of 737s. But its engineers discovered that the sensor only worked with a separate, optional safety feature. Boeing said the faulty software was delivered by a vendor, which it didn't name.
    Yeah - curious. What I do know is that our Max's as delivered did NOT have the AOA indicators on our PDF until after the Lion Air crash when all of a sudden - we got them. I always wondered if it was my company that ponied up for them or Boeing decided to enable the feature in hopes of that correcting the problem.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Yeah - curious. What I do know is that our Max's as delivered did NOT have the AOA indicators on our PDF until after the Lion Air crash when all of a sudden - we got them. I always wondered if it was my company that ponied up for them or Boeing decided to enable the feature in hopes of that correcting the problem.

Would you be nervous to fly the Max at this time?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Would you be nervous to fly the Max at this time?
    Absolutely not - in fact quite eager for them to get back into our schedule. The past few months have been challenging for flight crews as there have been a lot of rerouting and cancellations in order to make up for the MAX groundings.

User Tag List