Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Countries Restricting 737 MAX Flights After Second Crash

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    From BBC News:

"From what we know, there are nine things that contributed to this accident," Indonesian air accident investigator Nurcahyo Utomo told reporters at a news conference.

"If one of the nine hadn't occurred, maybe the accident wouldn't have occurred."

The 353-page report found the jet should have been grounded before departing on the fatal flight because of an earlier cockpit issue.

However, because the issue was not recorded properly the plane was allowed to take off without the fault being fixed, it said.

Further, a crucial sensor - which had been bought from a repair shop in Florida - had not been properly tested, the report found. On Friday, the US aviation regulator revoked the company's certification.

Further, the report found that the first officer, who had performed poorly in training, struggled to run through a list of procedures that he should have had memorised.

He was flying the plane just before it entered into the fatal dive, but the report said the captain had not briefed him properly when he handed over the controls as they struggled to keep the plane in the air.

The report also found that 31 pages were missing from the plane's maintenance log.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Looks like someone just had their repair certificate revoked: https://www.faa.gov/news/press_relea...m?newsId=24314

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    At this rate, we may need to bring a bunch of DC3’s out of boneyards to fly again.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    At this rate, we may need to bring a bunch of DC3’s out of boneyards to fly again.
    If we go back to DC-3’s, then other aspects of the business need to go back in time as well.

Probably a good time to post this:

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    If we go back to DC-3’s, then other aspects of the business need to go back in time as well.

Probably a good time to post this:

It's always a good time to post Balroc. This one is probably the most sardonically accurate yet.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    It's always a good time to post Balroc. This one is probably the most sardonically accurate yet.
    Yep! The “Flashback” is killer on this one. I wish he would post these more often.🤣🤣

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    From Dallas Morning News:

Some American Airlines flight attendants are worried about getting on a Boeing 737 Max after the plane is certified to fly again, Association of Professional Flight Attendants president Lori Bassani said Thursday.

“I will tell you that I hear from flight attendants every day, and they’re begging me not to make them go back up in that plane,” Bassani said.

The Southwest pilots union sued Boeing in October, claiming more than $100 million in losses from the Max grounding.

Unions for American’s flight attendants and pilots said they do not plan to sue Boeing. Instead, they want to work with American Airlines, which is negotiating with Boeing. Boeing has earmarked $5 billion to compensate those affected by the 737 Max problems.

American spokesman Ross Feinstein said the company is aware of concerns from flight attendants, but it hopes to calm worries through training, test flights and sharing information by the expected March 5 date to return the Max to service.

“We’re confident that once the Allied Pilots Association is confident and comfortable flying the Max that their confidence will be conveyed to the APFA and also to the customers,” Feinstein said.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I suspect that there is a lot of political/contractual maneuvering going on here. One thing about 2 of the 3 big legacies is that the flight attendants are continually pissed off (and they tend to take it out on fellow crewmembers and passengers). I am so glad I am no longer in that toxic environment.

I can say that I have not heard anything of the sort from the flight attendants at my company. They like the pilots want the damn plane fixed so we can get back to making money with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I suspect that there is a lot of political/contractual maneuvering going on here. One thing about 2 of the 3 big legacies is that the flight attendants are continually pissed off (and they tend to take it out on fellow crewmembers and passengers). I am so glad I am no longer in that toxic environment.

I can say that I have not heard anything of the sort from the flight attendants at my company. They like the pilots want the damn plane fixed so we can get back to making money with them!
    No shit. I have a relative that's an A.A. flight attendant. It's a non-stop bitch session about her job every time I'm around her. She used to be a positive person 20 years ago.

I know a few Alaskan Airlines pilots and all have said they'd have zero issues flying a Max tomorrow morning if they needed to.

User Tag List