Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My articles in SWAT Magazine

My articles in SWAT Magazine

Since 2006 I have written close to 30 articles that were published in SWAT magazine. Some people here know about it; others don't. I am usually low key about my writing as I am with my life. In fact I get so little attention that I actually had to pay someone to stalk me.

Here is a link to the ones that are available online: https://www.swatmag.com/article/author/edlawrence/ Note, the article on realistic force on force training was not written by me as the author's name on it reflects, but was erroneously linked to my list of articles.

Read them if you are interested, ask me questions, and make whatever comments you want as long as they are quasi-intelligent--or not.
    Last edited by Ed L; 03-12-2019 at 02:48 AM.

Tagging in. I've always liked your stuff.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Since 2006 I have written close to 30 articles that were published in SWAT magazine. Some people here know about it; others don't. I am usually low key about my writing as I am with my life. In fact I get so little attention that I actually had to pay someone to stalk me.

Here is a link to the ones that are available online: https://www.swatmag.com/article/author/edlawrence/ Note, the article on realistic force on force training was not written by me as the author's name on it reflects, but was erroneously linked to my list of articles.

Read them if you are interested, ask me questions, and make whatever comments you want as long as they are quasi-intelligent--or not.
    Enjoyed the WC Hackathorn Special review very much! Very thorough!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Ed, can you share anything about your work or experience? I don't see anything at the end of the articles I looked at.

Genuinely interested. No nefarious purpose implied or intended.

If you'd rather not, I respect your wishes.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I've never had a subscription to SWAT magazine, but I've bought more than a few copies at the grocery store over the years and remember several of those articles, namely the Magpul Dynamics article. Thanks for sharing.

Site Supporter
    SWAT has ceased the paper editions, BTW.

Site Supporter
    Good article on Pat Rogers. It brought back some good memories. I took 5-6 classes from him at Casa Grande, and enjoyed them all. Pat was a character.
    He left way too early.

Good stuff, Ed. I especially enjoyed the articles on the former GRS trainers (including Tarani, IIRC).
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Good writing.

Commendable.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Not sure about the intelligence of my comments but thanks for the link. I have enjoyed reading your articles and am sad about SWAT losing the print edition.

I just re-read https://www.swatmag.com/article/tomb...l-two-handgun/ and it made me think about Pat and then Louis and then I was sad.
    Last edited by greyghost; 03-12-2019 at 07:05 PM.

User Tag List