Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st match. AIWB Lim Minor.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    The major difference being there is no real walk through. It's more of a there are the targets okay lets shoot. Perhaps it only feels that way because I'm such a novice at planning a stage.
    It may be because of you being new. Stage breakdown and planning is one of those things that you need to learn by shooting matches unless you happen to be lucky enough to belong to a club where there is stuff available to setup practice stages.

Student
    jetfire's latest video is gospel.

https://youtu.be/Jotti0zvgr8

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    jetfire's latest video is gospel.

https://youtu.be/Jotti0zvgr8
    1. 24 round max limit for a stage: yes
    2. 15 round max limit for SSP and CO: Don't care one way or the other. I do think that USPSA letting carry optics use mag rules similar to limited is a mistake.
    3. Appendix carry: don't care one way or the other

I do agree with Caleb that IDPA's rules regarding holster and ammo carrier location are stupid. The rule should be simple: you can wear them wherever you want if you can conceal them with the garment you choose to wear. That simple wording forces shooters to deal with the consequences of the concealment garment they choose to use. Those who use gamer vests have limited themselves as to where they can wear their holster and/or ammo carriers by the design of their garment. Those who choose to use a normal closed front shirt to untuck over their gear can reap the benefits of more coverage by getting more freedom to place their stuff on their belt.

The concealment test would still be the same: face the RO and raise your arms straight out to the sides. If the RO can see something on your belt, it's not legal. If he can't then it is.

Hard to argue with allowing AIWB and carrying of ammunition anywhere on the body. I'm sure some would though, not sure if it would be more of an argument on safety as much as it would be possible advantages/percieved advantages. If AIWB were allowed I do think it would be prudent to require a specific type of holster i.e. nothing collapsable.
    Last edited by Mike C; 04-17-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Hard to argue with allowing AIWB and carrying of ammunition anywhere on the body. I'm sure some would though, not sure if it would be more of an argument on safety as much as it would be possible advantages/percieved advantages.
    When it comes to IDPA, concealed carry is their model. Every equipment decision in the rules should flow from that model. That's why my ideal rule for equipment placement should be: if you can conceal it, it doesn't matter where on the belt you place it. By keeping it that simple you open possibilities for improvement in concealed carry gear and techniques and you force competitors to make trade-offs between equipment location and concealment garment that are based on the sport's model.

Want an easy to sweep, open front garment? Cool. Just can't wear stuff right up front where they can't be hidden.

Want to wear your holster or mags closer to centerline? Cool. Just can't wear a gamer vest that would expose them.

But such a rule will never get adopted because it wasn't invented by the IDPA leadership.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 04-17-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    AAR required early next week
    2nd USPSA match went well. Shot my P229, Limited Minor, AIWB from concealment again, although 3/5 stages this match were table starts. The problem R.O. from last match "said his piece" during the pre-match safety brief, but I didn't give him what he wanted, and the other R.O.s were super cool. Video below annotated with my after stage notes for my own record and improvement.

9th/37 Overall
    3rd/12 Limited
    2nd/30 B Class & Below
    1st/23 C Class & Below
    78.5% A zone hits

Special thanks to @Sauer Koch for filming and competing with me in the match. He did great for a first time USPSA shooter!
    I'm so cheap I took all the shot up targets from Gabe White's class. Brown tape is cheaper than targets though...

Again, congrats, it was cool watching you out there! Another reminder of how I need to step up my game. You’re very methodical, so with a little more time, you’ll be moving up the ranks quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrusasmith View Post
    2nd USPSA match went well. Shot my P229, Limited Minor, AIWB from concealment again, although 3/5 stages this match were table starts. The problem R.O. from last match "said his piece" during the pre-match safety brief, but I didn't give him what he wanted, and the other R.O.s were super cool. Video below annotated with my after stage notes for my own record and improvement.

9th/37 Overall
    3rd/12 Limited
    2nd/30 B Class & Below
    1st/23 C Class & Below
    78.5% A zone hits

Special thanks to @Sauer Koch for filming and competing with me in the match. He did great for a first time USPSA shooter!
    Nicely done Tyrus & also good to see I wasn't the only AIWB shooter using a cover shirt this wknd in La. as we had our monthly USPSA match @ Jerry's Sun. in Bossier parish.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrusasmith View Post

9th/37 Overall
    3rd/12 Limited
    2nd/30 B Class & Below
    1st/23 C Class & Below
    78.5% A zone hits

Tyrus, that is awesome! Nice job and thanks for posting your report, as well as for your patience as the ROs at the particular club your competing at realize that you don't need any extra attention. You are doing more than your part in the unification of the technical and tactical worlds.

Glad to see you and Sauer Koch made it out to the match, and I hope you both had a great time!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Had a really fun return to USPSA this last Saturday. It took me a few stages to feel less rusty, and in all reality, I probably still am rusty. But, the really important thing was that I had a lot of fun and enjoyed the match, the shooting, and the people very much! That’s what I was hoping for more than anything. As I shot the match, I really thought that two of the Limited shooters I was squadded with had me beat. It turns out I was wrong and I actually won Limited. That was a very nice surprise later in the day when I was home telling my son I was sure I had not won this particular match, and right then a message came through from my friend telling me I had won.

Limited results: https://www.practiscore.com/results/...2?q_division=2

Combined results: https://www.practiscore.com/results/new/80082

Match video:
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List