Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st match. AIWB Lim Minor.

It was a little different from what I'm used to (IDPA), but nothing drastic, so in the end, it was a lot of fun. The RO's we had were awesome, very helpful, and joking around keeping things fun. Max Michel Sr. shoots at this club, but he was in another squad, so we only got to see him shoot one stage.

A good time for sure.

Congrats @Mr_White on your win!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Had a really fun return to USPSA this last Saturday. It took me a few stages to feel less rusty, and in all reality, I probably still am rusty. But, the really important thing was that I had a lot of fun and enjoyed the match, the shooting, and the people very much! That’s what I was hoping for more than anything. As I shot the match, I really thought that two of the Limited shooters I was squadded with had me beat. It turns out I was wrong and I actually won Limited. That was a very nice surprise later in the day when I was home telling my son I was sure I had not won this particular match, and right then a message came through from my friend telling me I had won.

Limited results: https://www.practiscore.com/results/...2?q_division=2

Combined results: https://www.practiscore.com/results/new/80082

Match video:
    Wow, your on the move shots look so smooth. And you transition so much better than me. It's amazing that when I look at someone better than me shooting USPSA it isn't the AIWB aspect that leaves me in awe. It's the shooting. It just matters so much more.

I've really got to make it out to a class with you at some point. Not so I can move up from C class, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hurt my classification either lol.

Thanks for posting.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Wow, your on the move shots look so smooth. And you transition so much better than me. It's amazing that when I look at someone better than me shooting USPSA it isn't the AIWB aspect that leaves me in awe. It's the shooting. It just matters so much more.

I've really got to make it out to a class with you at some point. Not so I can move up from C class, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hurt my classification either lol.

Thanks for posting.

-Cory
    As a fellow C class shooter I can relate on both counts Cory & also have my 1st class w/ Gabe booked for November when he's in Dallas.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 04-30-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Nicely done Tyrus & also good to see I wasn't the only AIWB shooter using a cover shirt this wknd in La. as we had our monthly USPSA match @ Jerry's Sun. in Bossier parish.
    Thanks, I might go take a ride up there for a match one weekend. At least you've done the legwork to get the R.O.s familiar with concealment in USPSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Tyrus, that is awesome! Nice job and thanks for posting your report, as well as for your patience as the ROs at the particular club your competing at realize that you don't need any extra attention. You are doing more than your part in the unification of the technical and tactical worlds.

Glad to see you and Sauer Koch made it out to the match, and I hope you both had a great time!
    Yep, we both had a great time. I want to thank you again for providing me, through your class and pin awards, a very difficult set of goals to try to attain. The Light Pin ranks in the top 3 for the hardest thing I've worked for in my life. Through that I realized the importance, challenge, and enjoyment of focused dry and live fire. Before working towards a practicing for you class, my shooting was always limited by budget and I thought I had to spend money to practice, now I can get better for almost free.

I'm really pumped to take those skills into a more frequent, objectively measurable testing environment all the while running as close to a gear setup to my normal stuff as possible. Thanks again for helping pave the way for myself and others to do the same.
    I'm so cheap I took all the shot up targets from Gabe White's class. Brown tape is cheaper than targets though...

So looks like I'll be shooting Saturday in Volusia County FL for a matched hosted by Extreme GM. That's i guess a duo of Gorka Ibanez and Manny Bragg.

Gotta drive 2 hours 15 minutes to get to the match, and register by 830ish AM. So I guess I've got the bug.

The cool part? Looks like the MD from my local club will be in my squad. He's a Master in production and A in limited. Hopefully a lot to learn from being on his squad.

-Cory

You guys might enjoy this

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    This guy is a strong shooter and friend of YVK. Pretty sure he shoots a P09 in .40, as I remember hearing he broke two P09’s in one match.

At the two day match I was at last weekend, Travis Mccamish, was in my squad. He is a multi division GM, and shot a Glock 19 with an RMR from concealed appendix, in Open division. Travis is in a timmie mode, and Open is the only division he can compete in with a CO pistol from appendix.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    That's pretty slick. I'm set up to shoot another match in June, I've got the bug real bad as well.
    I have this urge to keep getting more gamey, so I bought these new Inov-8 mudglaw g series instead of changing my gun setup. To many JJ videos make we want to move fast.

Name:  IMG_20190523_202858.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  53.4 KB
    I'm so cheap I took all the shot up targets from Gabe White's class. Brown tape is cheaper than targets though...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This guy is a strong shooter and friend of YVK. Pretty sure he shoots a P09 in .40, as I remember hearing he broke two P09’s in one match.

At the two day match I was at last weekend, Travis Mccamish, was in my squad. He is a multi division GM, and shot a Glock 19 with an RMR from concealed appendix, in Open division. Travis is in a timmie mode, and Open is the only division he can compete in with a CO pistol from appendix.
    I'm considering a red dot for my P229, more specifically an ACRO. Do you think it would be easier to move up in class shooting lim minor with irons, or open minor with an acro?

I'm excited about shooting like I carry, and I'm interested in the acro, but I'm concerned that moving up in class would be unnecessarily difficult in open. My eyes are still decent right now, so I'm not forced that way at the moment. I'm also torn between the "shoot like a man with irons" mentality vs the " dots are the future, jump in early" mentality.

User Tag List