Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st match. AIWB Lim Minor.

Either you love Production (I do) or you don’t. I do.

I have occasionally been inclined to shoot Lim Minor AIWB with a P-09 but I’ver resisted so far.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Welcome to USPSA. Hope you have a great time in the association.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I’m kinda convinced to try production whenever it is I start shooting uspsa, rather than limited. I have a lot of reload practice to do, but then I do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Either you love Production (I do) or you don’t. I do.

I have occasionally been inclined to shoot Lim Minor AIWB with a P-09 but I’ver resisted so far.

Nice job Cory. I'm very interested in doing exactly that, shooting limited minor from concealment AIWB. But I'm not sure how some of folks may take it. When I shot Steel Challenge AWIB, I ran into the proverbial RO "Fudd" who told me how "dangerous" AWIB was, how he only concealed carried a revolver, and was running a Serpa with the index finger release for the match. Oh the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM View Post
    Nice job Cory. I'm very interested in doing exactly that, shooting limited minor from concealment AIWB. But I'm not sure how some of folks may take it. When I shot Steel Challenge AWIB, I ran into the proverbial RO "Fudd" who told me how "dangerous" AWIB was, how he only concealed carried a revolver, and was running a Serpa with the index finger release for the match. Oh the irony.
    I'm not sure I did well, not knowing the game and not engaging targets hurt me pretty bad in the scores.

As far as not knowing how it would be received... I showed up early and volunteered to help out when they need some stuff picked up and moved. I was fortunate to park next to and chit chat with a well liked M class open shooter. Once I found out who the match director was I told him I was shooting Limited Minor AIWB, and that I was an experienced shooter just not an experienced USPSA shooter. I wanted to make sure he knew it was my first match, and what I was doing. I specifically said "I know the rules allow it I just wanted to talk with you incase any ROs have questions about this" and he responded that it was fine.

Had he said it was not fine, I would have been agreeable but provided examples of shooters who are known to shoot AIWB and are classed high, and I would have asked if he could show me the rules on holster placement in Limited Division. I really, really, didn't want to have to try either of those things out. But I think the fact I was very forth coming about my experience (Good: .mil previous outlaw steel challenge Bad: No USPSA) and came to him first made it pretty much a non-issue.

I'm not real concerned with how others take it, as long as I get to go shoot. USPSA association means they have agreed to follow USPSA rule set above all others for the sake of competitive equability. So it shouldn't really be an issue. If I was flat out not allowed, I think I would out my AIWB holster in a SS IWB position for the match. It's not that many draws. Afterwords, I would send some emails asking why I wasn't allowed.

I'm hopefully going to hit up another match tomorrow, but I'm not sure yet. It is beyond addicting and exciting.

-Cory

How is AIWB more dangerous than an Open gun in a race holster basically in the same position?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    How is AIWB more dangerous than an Open gun in a race holster basically in the same position?
    I know AIWB cultists get all hot and bothered when safety is brought into question, but think hard about the geometry of the two setups that you mention and you will see the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    USPSA association means they have agreed to follow USPSA rule set above all others for the sake of competitive equability. So it shouldn't really be an issue.
    It might be an issue if an unreasonable Range Master invokes 5.2.4
    5.2.6 USPSA Competition matches will not require the use of a particular type or brand of holster. However, the Range Master may deem that a competitor’s holster is unsafe and order that it be improved to his satisfaction, failing which it must be withdrawn from the match. Divisions may restrict a specific type of holster. Providing the Division does not restrict the type or physical location of the holster, IWB or concealment holsters are legal, as long as the firearms can safely be drawn and replaced, and so doing does not break any safety rules.
    The above does not apply to holstering and drawing per 10.5.5.1 but some dickhead who hates AIWB might still try
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 03-23-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    It might be an issue if an unreasonable Range Master invokes 5.2.4

Hopefully you don't run into that guy
    He could try. And he would win, for that match. He would lose in the long term, because the holster I use is used by others who shoot USPSA from AIWB, and AIWB itself is an acceptable method within USPSA.

You seem very adament in pointing out every worse case possibility repetitively. It's in multiple threads. I'm not sure I find it appealing, but I'm trying to imagine it is somehow created by the emotionless medium of text and isn't your personality.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    He could try. And he would win, for that match. He would lose in the long term, because the holster I use is used by others who shoot USPSA from AIWB, and AIWB itself is an acceptable method within USPSA.

You seem very adament in pointing out every worse case possibility repetitively. It's in multiple threads. I'm not sure I find it appealing, but I'm trying to imagine it is somehow created by the emotionless medium of text and isn't your personality.

-Cory
    I'm neutral on the issue of AIWB. I don't do it but don't care if others do. Since you're new to USPSA, I'm trying to give you some intel you can use if you need it.

If help isn't wanted, just let me know.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 03-23-2019 at 06:41 PM.

User Tag List