View Poll Results: Which one is the current ban state hotness?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 43x

18 13.64%
  • Glock 48

46 34.85%
  • Glock 26

57 43.18%
  • Mods here are shit

18 13.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 10-round G Consensus poll: 26 v 43x v 48

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Eventually Glock Bold. For now I've got a good 25 yd POI with a set of standard frame Trijicon HD with the taller than standard .245 front post. It's a little tight but works.
    Thank you, sir!

I picked the glock 26. I still believe it's the best shooter out of the bunch. I have a 43 I rarely carry, just never warmed up to it. I think the newer slim line would be a slight better step up, but not much. Every time I look at the barrel in my 43 I feel like I'm getting ripped off by glock. That and the way my hands crush in the bottom of the grips enough to pinch my mags and keep them from dropping just doesn't sit right with me. I understand they are trying to save weight and yada yada yada but the price should reflect the quality you are getting. If they went for $350 then maybe it's worth it.

I don't find thinness does much for comfort for me, I guess that makes me weird. I find thinner guns to be more pokey while bending over and such.

Grip chop glocks would be my vote as well, especially if you carry a wml like I do.

Site Supporter
    As much as I love my 43, I kind of feel like it should be replaced in Glock's lineup with a chopped 43X. That way you could probably get a 7+1 mag in the same size as a 43, with the possibility to use the extended 10-round mags.

Just don't make the slide silver!

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    What are a couple recommended shops for reducing Glock grip length?

I have one by Boresight, it’s pretty awesome...

Site Supporter
    The ability of the 26 to do what the others do is higher than the ability of the others to do what the 26 does.

A 26 disappears when carried IWB. Although it is pushing the limits of pocket carry, I can and do pocket carry one often. If carried in a fanny pack, the fanny pack can be sized and shaped like a conventional fanny pack, making it less likely for observers to recognize it as a gun pack.

Thickness is probably the most critical dimension for concealment, followed closely by overall height. The 26 significantly reduces overall height without much penalty in thickness.

I can see picking a 43X or 48 if one is going to carry IWB all of the time, and needs or wants the absolute thinnest choice.

If I was limited to 10 rounds and had to pick from the G26, G43, G43X, and G48, it'd absolutely be the G48.

I don't have a problem concealing my G19 as is, so all the stuff about the G43X/G26 being better to conceal is moot. I might as well just have a svelte 1911-profile-ish version of the G19.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    If I was limited to 10 rounds and had to pick from the G26, G43, G43X, and G48, it'd absolutely be the G48.

I don't have a problem concealing my G19 as is, so all the stuff about the G43X/G26 being better to conceal is moot. I might as well just have a svelte 1911-profile-ish version of the G19.
    Kinda what I’m thinking for my trips to MA and CT.

Site Supporter
    If the CA recent mag ban decision actually was applied to the all country - (hopeful fairy tales) - would that substantially influence the slim gun market? Or is it driven by ease of concealment? Just a thought.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    If the CA recent mag ban decision actually was applied to the all country - (hopeful fairy tales) - would that substantially influence the slim gun market? Or is it driven by ease of concealment? Just a thought.
    It would have some impact on the slim gun market, but many would still choose thin guns based on either ease of concealment or hand fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I would argue no, as evidenced by the legions of people in non ban states still toting a shield or g43 every day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

User Tag List