View Poll Results: Which one is the current ban state hotness?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 43x

18 13.64%
  • Glock 48

46 34.85%
  • Glock 26

57 43.18%
  • Mods here are shit

18 13.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10-round G Consensus poll: 26 v 43x v 48

10-round G Consensus poll: 26 v 43x v 48

These have all been around here long enough to start forming some opinions. So, what's your vote on best 10-round limit carry Glock? Pick one, at your leisure...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

What, no G30.

To me IWB comfort depends on longer and thin>shorter and thin>longer and thick>shorter and thick.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Having owned all three (almost, my 43 with +2 mags is the same grip length as the 43X/48) I vote 48. I can’t say “It’s better because...” and whip out a PowerPoint presentation, I just like it best out of those three.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 03-10-2019 at 07:41 AM.

The 48 and 43x are good choices, but are illogically not available in many 10 rd states, such as CA and MA...

While a G26 is acceptable, mounting a light can be an issue; on the other hand, a G19 cut to take G26 mags allows easy use of a standard weapons mounted light and is thus the best option for folks in areas that do not allow the G43x or G48.

Name:  Cut G19.jpg
Views: 1407
Size:  54.3 KB

The other good option in those areas is the original M&P9 compact, as the 10 rd mags for this pistol work well.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I appreciate the input so far. Man, that is a seriously even split between the 48 and classic 26, with the 43x the total hind tit candidate by a surprising margin. Interesting.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I own all 3.
    G26 - one of the all time greats
    G48 - meh. Haven't fallen for it yet.
    G43X - hell yeah.

If I could only own 1 pistol it might be a 26.

But I can own many. The 43X is sweet. So it's my vote for better EDC in that context.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    I have a 26.3 that I have someth8ng like 2500 rounds through. I trust it to work and hit what I shoot at. The trigger is pretty good, it has sights I like on it, and I have carry gear for it that works.

Last summer, I took my family on a long road trip that included 3 nights in hotels in California. My travel gun was the G26.3 because of all of those reasons, plus ten round magazines (I took 4 of them). One of my first stops after we left SoCal was a gun shop, where I bought a G19 15 round magazine for like $20 that I then used as my on the body spare for the rest of the trip. If I’d needed new carry gear for some reason, the same store had stuff that would have gotten me by till I got home. They even had sights and a few other small parts that they didn’t carry for anything except standard frame GLOCKs. That kind of ubiquity is kind of priceless.

The 48 and 43x I’ve fondled seem nice enough. Triggers are better than on the 43 I messed around with, or even the pair of 42s I have. Having a longer grip is nice for shooting in some respects (they seem a little thin to me), not so nice for concealment, and would require vetting. That’s a lot of ammo I think I’d be better off using to train with the guns I already have. I’m not going to get one, unless there is a tragic house fire/earthquake that destroys everything I own, and afterwards something convinces me to get one instead of a new 26.5. I’ll stick with my proven gun that I have support gear for. I don’t usually mind how thick it is - for hands my size, thinner guns can be a bit squirmy. If I need a thinner gun to the point that I need to put up with squirmy, a 42 is thinner and lighter.

My buddy just got one, so I’ll get a chance to shoot it soonish. Maybe that will change my mind.

I live in a ban state and I also have all 3.
    The G26 was the staple for years....then I got tired of the thickness....ended up getting a Glock 43 then I put a +2 on it and was satisfied for quite some time. Then came along the G43X and the 48 so I bought both.
    The 43X has the same recoil impulse as the 43. The 48 is smoother and nice to shoot. I did find ultimately that the 43x was just a little more comfortable for me to carry. So for me the 43X wins for carry and the 48 is slightly better range gun if you are going to blast away all day.
    You will do well with any of them

I spent all day yesterday trialing two gun carry. A G43 AIWB and 43X IWB/3:30. Easy as pie while driving an hour plus, bending, squatting, romping with a couple dogs. Thiness is a big deal inside the belt.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List