Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Liberals' Grip on NY

Breaking Liberals' Grip on NY

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...lican-proposes

Interesting article. I'm from Long Island, so I totally understand the "NY liberal problem." When visiting upstate NY, Repeal SAFE signs are plentiful, where compliance is near zero and many sheriff departments do not enforce it.

No chance of such a change happening, but one should never give up trying.

CWM11B
    I much prefer to see folks stay and fight rather than move. Unfortunately, those leaving dont seem to understand what caused the misery they fled, as this OP-ED (linked in the article posted) details:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/new-...behind-as-well

I've seen this quite a bit in NC. Liberals fleeing the conditions they created, only to scream for them to be instituted here. They have all but ruined our coast, and are taking over the mountain region as well. NC will be a solid blue bastion in ten years I'm afraid.

Site Supporter
    Every single time I've run into a NY up-state'er I'm blown away. I'm like, in utter astonishment, "you are normal?"

lol...

Site Supporter
    Georgia will have the same issues soon - we will need to split into two states - Atlanta and Georgia. The 285 "Perimeter" can be the boundary. Too easy a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I much prefer to see folks stay and fight rather than move. Unfortunately, those leaving dont seem to understand what caused the misery they fled, as this OP-ED (linked in the article posted) details:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/new-...behind-as-well

I've seen this quite a bit in NC. Liberals fleeing the conditions they created, only to scream for them to be instituted here. They have all but ruined our coast, and are taking over the mountain region as well. NC will be a solid blue bastion in ten years I'm afraid.
    People leave (flee) the states for a variety of reasons. I'd guess that most folks that move from the Northeast don't do so for anything to do with gun ownership. Crime? Perhaps. Otherwise it may be tax related, healthcare related, weather related, quality of life related, etc. Guns? Not so much. And since guns aren't part and parcel of most of their lives to begin with, to them it's just normal not to have them...and certainly not to advocate for them.

Honestly, as a retired LEO I didn't move to western NC because of the gun policy. I just got lucky in that regard. I moved here, (at the time), for the mountains, which are very similar to the Adirondacks of upstate NY where I backpacked, climbed, paddled and x-c skied, and the small town lifestyle which is something I've always wanted but never had the opportunity to experience.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

CWM11B
    I understand fully. I didnt mention anything specifically (guns) it is the whole package. The liberal hive mind wants taxes, expanded government control, and regulation. The beach my family went to for decades is now not pleasant for me to go to. There are more damned rules for using it now that I no longer go. Plus it is way overcrowded. I have zero problem with folks who move to an area/region for the lifestyle. It's when a certain segment decides the locals need to be saved from themselves that I get pissed. My retort to the type that starts this line (and I encounter it a LOT in my city) is along the lines of "You know where its just like (insert liberal utopian paradise)? In said liberal utopian paradise. Go back.

Whenever I've been stationed in a place I didnt like, I was polite, didnt bitch about how it was better back home, the residents needed to change to suit me, etc. I just left when the time came, knowing if I had the choice I'd never go back. Kind of like everyone in Texas and Idaho feel about all the Californians coming in and bringing the stupid with them. I welcome anyone who comes to enjoy the lifestyle. To those that want to create what they fled I say GTFO and go back.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I understand fully. I didnt mention anything specifically (guns) it is the whole package. The liberal hive mind wants taxes, expanded government control, and regulation. The beach my family went to for decades is now not pleasant for me to go to. There are more damned rules for using it now that I no longer go. Plus it is way overcrowded. I have zero problem with folks who move to an area/region for the lifestyle. It's when a certain segment decides the locals need to be saved from themselves that I get pissed. My retort to the type that starts this line (and I encounter it a LOT in my city) is along the lines of "You know where its just like (insert liberal utopian paradise)? In said liberal utopian paradise. Go back.

Whenever I've been stationed in a place I didnt like, I was polite, didnt bitch about how it was better back home, the residents needed to change to suit me, etc. I just left when the time came, knowing if I had the choice I'd never go back. Kind of like everyone in Texas and Idaho feel about all the Californians coming in and bringing the stupid with them. I welcome anyone who comes to enjoy the lifestyle. To those that want to create what they fled I say GTFO and go back.
    I totally understand, agree, and feel your pain. Hell, I've only been here 15 years and I'm constantly muttering under my breath about those who don't belong here...from the points of view expressed above. (And I've got no standing.)

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    People leave (flee) the states for a variety of reasons. I'd guess that most folks that move from the Northeast don't do so for anything to do with gun ownership. Crime? Perhaps. Otherwise it may be tax related, healthcare related, weather related, quality of life related, etc. Guns? Not so much. And since guns aren't part and parcel of most of their lives to begin with, to them it's just normal not to have them...and certainly not to advocate for them.

Honestly, as a retired LEO I didn't move to western NC because of the gun policy. I just got lucky in that regard. I moved here, (at the time), for the mountains, which are very similar to the Adirondacks of upstate NY where I backpacked, climbed, paddled and x-c skied, and the small town lifestyle which is something I've always wanted but never had the opportunity to experience.
    I am one of the few. I am a retired LEO and I am moving out of NJ to a gun friendly state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers13 View Post
    I am one of the few. I am a retired LEO and I am moving out of NJ to a gun friendly state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can't say as I blame you.

My mother, and also (separately) sister / brother-in-law just moved from NJ to another hotbed of anti-gundom, Maryland.

(Needless to say, they aren't particularly 2A conscious, nor is it an issue they are concerned with. C'est la vie.)

User Tag List