Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tac14 rifle sights

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I put an XS Express sighted barrel on mine. Much quicker sight picture, easier to hit. Mine doesn’t pattern all that great (it’s a modified choke) with either FC or standard buckshot. Debating a trip to Vang...
    Did you find a source for the barrel already set up with those sights? That is an awesome application of the XS Express set.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    Before you send your barrel off to Hans, try patterning the Hornady BLACK or Critical Defense buckshot. I found it patterned better out of my 870P SBS with a fixed modified choke. Apparently, Hornady redesigned the versatite wad to work with sporting guns with tighter chokes. Flite-Control doesn’t pattern well at all out of my gun, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I have a couple of boxes on the shelf that I can try. 9 pellet FC patterns tighter than 8 pellet out of this one, gofigure but not as tight as other guns. Remington Reduced recoil 8 pellet, which I find is a pretty tight standard loading is worse than out of a cylinder bore.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Did you find a source for the barrel already set up with those sights? That is an awesome application of the XS Express set.
    Yes, AI&P Tactical. He’s a Remington armorer and carries a lot of hard to find parts. Kind of a terrible web site but he’s a great guy to deal with. Midwest Gun Works lists them as well but permanently out of stock it seems.

I got an 18” version of this barrel from Midway and it shoots standard buckshot and FC amazingly well. iC choke in that one.

Botach has the rifle sight barrel as well as a few others. Remington also carries the rifle sight barrel as well as the xs barrel. I was also able to run a few rounds through the gun while I was out scouting for the upcoming turkey season. This gun is so much fun to shoot. Shoots a prettt good pattern. I was just shooting some birdshot (rabbit season is still open here no rabbits though. Fun to carry through the brush though) but it wasn’t bad. I want to try some truball slugs and some flight control.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Just FYI, there are two versions of the Trijicon replacement rifle sights. One is for 18"+ barrels and the other is specific for 14" and less. The only difference is the height of the front sight.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Remington sells 18” and 14” 870 barrels already set up with the XS rifle sights. The 14” is better known as the DEA barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Remington sells 18” and 14” 870 barrels already set up with the XS rifle sights. The 14” is better known as the DEA barrel.
    The DEA barrel is nice but harder to obtain. The factory rifle sighted barrel with Trijicon replacement sights is easier to pull off.

If you have sources, the part number for the 18” barrel is F249630 870 12/18.5 IC RS XS barrel
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    The DEA barrel is nice but harder to obtain. The factory rifle sighted barrel with Trijicon replacement sights is easier to pull off.

If you have sources, the part number for the 18” barrel is F249630 870 12/18.5 IC RS XS barrel
    I bought my 18” from Midway.

Any issue with screwing a sling stud into the grip?
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Fourteen-inch XS rifle sight barrel source. Not inexpensive but trustworthy. https://tacticalgunsling.com/product...xs-low-profile

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    The TAC14 with wood furniture is just plain SEXY!!!

User Tag List