Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X Performance

One other problem is the grip panels. See how they fit 'inside' especially at the bottom. Looks to me like no grip for a standard 92 vertec will fit this.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

It looks like an updated version of the Steel I? (Frame mounted safety, Vertec frame, Brig Slide)
    Kind of cool to happen on your own pic by chance. I loved that Steel I but hated the Vertec grip. I tried fitting an M9A3 grip with cutouts to fit the frame safety to convert the grip but the overmold rubber delaminated.

I hope Beretta offers a conversion grip on the 92X....I'll buy. MSRP is reported to be $1399 which means street pricing a bit below depending on how many they bring over.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    Kind of cool to happen on your own pic by chance. I loved that Steel I but hated the Vertec grip. I tried fitting an M9A3 grip with cutouts to fit the frame safety to convert the grip but the overmold rubber delaminated.

I hope Beretta offers a conversion grip on the 92X....I'll buy. MSRP is reported to be $1399 which means street pricing a bit below depending on how many they bring over.
    I hope there is a variant with the Vertec slide, but, at that price, I will likely buy a pair to get some time with the feature set. I will likely dump my 92 Centurion Tactical to fund the 92X Performance.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...x-performance/

Some more info. "The area where the finger rests on the trigger is chequered and was redesigned to achieve a vertical front profile in single action." Couple of thoughts. I'm not in favor of checkering or serrations on a DA trigger. I remember using old GI 1911 triggers that had checkered triggers, but the checkering wasn't sharp. Later, serrated triggers. They never caused a problem, but the trigger had very little movement so it wasn't an issue. If the 92x is only run in SA, it probably won't be an issue, but they still have a DA function. Anyone else think it would be simpler if the DA was disabled and the gun was strictly SA? What are your thoughts on the re-profiling of the slide stop and take down lever? I understand their stated purpose of creating a gas pedal on the take down lever, but I'm unsure about the slide stop. It looks like it is designed to keep your right thumb from accidentally stopping the function when letting your thumb ride on the safety.

Parts of this seem interesting, but I don't think it really does it for me. If I already had 2 LTTs, a carry 92, and a home defense 92... maybe then I'd find it more interesting.

I like having my decocker out of the way on the slide. If it was SAO I think the frame safety would make more sense. For a competition gun this makes sense to me, looking at CZs... The beavertail is honestly the feature that looks most promising to me. Don't know why, but it looks awesome.

I like 92s, so I want one. But this is no where the level of want that an LTT inspires. I want this cause I want all the 92s. But if were talking about actual purchasing, I'd take a 2nd LTT first.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 03-09-2019 at 09:58 AM.

I may buy one, but I don't understand that takedown lever...it is almost like it's designed to aid inadvertent disassembly somehow.

Pretty sharp in the beavertail section. Trigger is not bad. Not Shadow2 good but pretty good.

The thumbrest on the disassembly catch is in the wrong place for me.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I may buy one, but I don't understand that takedown lever...it is almost like it's designed to aid inadvertent disassembly somehow.
    It’s described as a “self-locking” lever, so I think you’re right:
    http://estore.beretta.com/en-eu/comp...ever-for-m9a3/

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    It’s a self locking design.

The disassembly lever doesnt look to function any differently than the standard one, it just has a larger and angled shelf. Meaning it won't unlock by pressing on it unless you also depress a button on the opposite side of the frame.

So it's really just an "improved" thumb rest. A lot of 92 shooters index the support hand thumb on the take down lever. This just seems like an acknowledgment of that can be marketed as innovative and a new feature.

-Cory

User Tag List