Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Beretta 92X Performance

Are we at the point now where an optic is pretty much a must-have for a HD pistol? Serious question, probably off topic.
    Join FPC

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    Are we at the point now where an optic is pretty much a must-have for a HD pistol? Serious question, probably off topic.
    It's getting there, especially for us doods getting a bit older.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    If you're training for the possibilities at the extreme edges of possibilities - maybe. But not IMO all the way to "must". (And I like to train for those esp re distance of engagement so I'm not knocking that. I mean why waste capability learned and earned?)

If your training for the probabilities of regular joe self defense then definitely no, not "must-have". Must want sure. Must want to be consistent with high volume training and competing platforms sure. Must want to achieve pinnacles of high performance shooting - the evidence seems overwhelming definitely.

Invoice $0.02

ETA - I don't currently have an RDS set up, owned and shot a bit with an early Burris Fastfire that worked fine. Didn't blow me away on a G19. Have shot several nicely set up RMR and SRO's and was nicely pleased especially for precision. I got nothing against them, just not a big tinkerer. So much not a tinkerer that adjustable grip modules for semiauto's are kind of a yawn to me. I'll adjust to a pistol I like. Thinking seriously of getting one this year however, maybe, for the precision and explore the training carryover.
    Last edited by JHC; 01-21-2022 at 08:00 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Everyone I have talked to that shoots an RDO says it took a while to get back up to speed because they had trouble finding the dot. The length of 'a while' seems to vary. I may look into one at some point but for now I prefer a green laser.

User Tag List