Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X Performance

Yes, I would assume it works like the originals. DA/SA or SAO and cocked and locked, no decocker.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    How exactly does the safety/decocker work?
    It's a safety only. Think CZ75 style. As with all frame safety Beretta 92s.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    weight of the gun was fine but then again, I have three steel-framed 92's so I'm used to it. Sorry, but I didn't mess with safety at all but I understand it's a new design and three different sized levers will be available. Decocker function? Dunno...but not sure how it would work unless there's a separate mechanism.
    How would you compare the shooting experience to the 92g brig tac, an elite 2, or a Langdon elite?

92’s are 92’s.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

92X Performance on Gunbroker...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/844726255
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Im so glad I went a comped 2011 with RMR over this.

Sacrilege I know..

As soon as they become plentiful I’ll buy one. Want level high.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Noticed this on the Beretta Italy website.

Trigger Group Kit Xtreme S for Beretta 92 series

Obtain the performance of the new 92X to your Beretta with this new trigger group kit Xtreme S, designed to reduce the weight of pull. Made in Italy, will fit all 92 series handguns.

Attachment 43260

Note the trigger bar.
    Now available at Beretta USA (20% off and free shipping right now too)

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/92x...ontrol/e02568/

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Im so glad I went a comped 2011 with RMR over this.

Sacrilege I know..
    Nah, it's not.

I'm a huge Beretta fan but they have serious problems. They have a history of new products being delayed to market. The 92 has no decent RMR options (yet?).

Incredible advances are being made and they're awesome. Grips, sights, frames, triggers, action bars, magazines... I love the 92 and will keep using.

But choosing a quality 2011 option and vetting it isn't sacrilege. It's a tool with a lot of capability. In some ways maybe inferior to the 92, in most ways equal, and in some ways superior. If someone told me they carried a limited style 2011 in 9mm, I'd pretty much instantly decided they had put thought into it. Costs too much for the layman to carry - and delivers more performance than the average shooter cares about. To me, it's very much an aficiando's choice. The Beretta 92 can be too, depending on the model and reasons it's chosen, but not always.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 11-15-2019 at 07:03 PM.

So I'm of two minds about the 92X Performance...

On one hand, as a Beretta 92 nerd, frame safety 92s are rare birds. I've never even see one in person. @PGT is the only poster I've seen who actually owns a 92 Stock, Combat, or Steel I and has provided shooting feedback. The 92X Performance is a rare opportunity to purchase a model derived from this lineage. And I applaud Beretta for bringing this model to market and continuing to expand the 92 lineup. More choices is a good thing, and perhaps more frame safety models will follow if 92X Performance sales are successful.

On the other hand, I'm not a collector, and pistols I don't shoot seldom stay in the safe for long. I'm not sure exactly what role the 92X Performance will fill for me. It is marketed as a competition pistol, and I am a competitive shooter. But it doesn't seem to fit neatly into a competition niche for me. It is too heavy to be legal for IDPA. For USPSA, it is probably best suited as a Production pistol, as it shoots a minor power factor cartridge. It seems like a direct competitor to the CZ Shadow 2, and CZ/TZ pistols dominate Production. But Production only allows hammer down starts, so one of the main selling points (the frame safety and the ability to run the gun cocked and locked) that makes this pistol unique in the Beretta lineup has no applicability in the Division it is likely to compete in. For Limited Division you could start cocked and locked, but the minor power factor cartridge makes the 92X Performance less competitive. Of course the weight of the all steel gun is a selling point for competitive use, but for defensive use I just don't see myself hauling around the 92X Performance. The STI Staccato or Wilson EDC 9XL are better single action options for defensive use.

At the end of the day, I'll probably need to scratch my 92X Performance itch and buy one to try for myself. The price point is very attractive.

User Tag List