Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X Performance

Thus far, this looks like a home market product, also available in 9x21.
    I don't know how prevalent Major guns are in IPSC.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Paging e_stern to the helpdesk...

Word I've heard is hopefully later this year....
    Last edited by rcbusmc24; 03-08-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Anyone one else want to see that thumb safety on an LTT elite? Then again, the TS combined with the Vertec grip might feel very 1911-ey. I'm not super interested in this gun but some of the features have my wheels turning.
    I did want exactly that until an impromptu stop at WC factory yesterday.

Name:  23890D93-4205-4D11-B7CB-A8093FA9F457.jpg
Views: 1986
Size:  47.1 KB

I'm trying to find things to make me want this less and coming up short. Might get one just for a range gun and keep using my LTT for everything else.

Any word on price?

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Did anyone else notice in the video that at one point there was a RMR on the slide? Next frame gone. I want a frame mounted thumb safety with a SAO system. I have two 92's already so another DA/SA gun I don't need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Is that an RMR or a frame mount? If the former, he is in Production Optics, if the latter, Open.
    It's on a frame mount, and there's a comp on it too. That there is an Open gun. (And I would guess is probably one of the 9x21 guns)
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Vending Machine Operator
    That looks NICE.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I may go against the grain here but I’m not a fan. The beaver tail is too much and I dislike Vertec framed 92s. To each their own though.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 03-08-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    Shoot more, post less...

Kinda tempting, especially since Wilson Combat hasn't come out with a full-size EDC X9. Yet.

It looks like an updated version of the Steel I? (Frame mounted safety, Vertec frame, Brig Slide)

Some of the features are interesting.

"The raised frame profile near the magazine release enables the shooter's hand to sit as high as possible on the hilt, which itself is also oversized to enable a deeper hold."

I wonder if that means it has the radius similar to the LTT Elite 92 in this area?

"To enable even faster cycle time, the 92X has a skeletonized hammer with a competition standard hammer spring."

Wonder if that's a D spring or lighter? Makes me further wonder what Ernie or Wilson Tactical could do with the trigger on this model...

I also note the web page lists 'Models' and there is a pull down menu. Right now there is only the 92X Performance, but makes you wonder if we'll see a 92X 'Tactical' or some other variation.

I can't help but also recall that Bill Wilson had teased that a future WC Beretta model would be neither a "G or FS"...I wonder if we'll see a WC variant built on this frame.

Lots of wondering...will be interested to see the price.

ETA: Anyone else notice the Beretta USA Accoceek, MD roll mark?

Last edited by JSGlock34; 03-08-2019 at 04:46 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Hmm. Hmm. Kinda like.

I'm really, REALLY liking the looks of this. Of course, need to see one in person. I've been a big Beretta fan, but recently went to the Shadow 2 for the extra weight and the short trigger return. This is a steel frame so we have the weight. Also, look closely in the video at the trigger pull. Looks like a very short trigger return. While I prefer a standard frame to a Vertec frame, I can certainly live with that.

Of course, being Beretta, expect to see one in the states in 3 years.

User Tag List