Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X Performance

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    Any chance of you making available bushed barrels as accessories?
    Anything is possible, however the bushed variants we have done in the past have been proven by our R&D to not be as accurate as fully fit bbl, block, slide, and frame, as with the new Performance.

Tl;DR, exceedingly unlikely.
    Last edited by e_stern; 10-03-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Anything is possible, however the bushed variants we have done in the past have been proven by our R&D to not be as accurate as fully fit bbl, block, slide, and frame, as with the new Performance..
    I'm intrigued - this fully fit barrel, block, slide, and frame is exclusive to the 92X Performance? Can you explain what this entails or what is done differently from, say, the standard full size 92X?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Anything is possible, however the bushed variants we have done in the past have been proven by our R&D to not be as accurate as fully fit bbl, block, slide, and frame, as with the new Performance.

Tl;DR, exceedingly unlikely.
    Funny you say that. I have a Beretta 92 Centennial that David Sams fitted with a Billennium slide and a permanently bushed Bar-Sto barrel. It is very accurate with that setup, but I shoot it nearly as well in the original configuration. Your response has inspired me to test it both ways in a machine rest.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter
    Funny you say that. I have a Beretta 92 Centennial that David Sams fitted with a Billennium slide and a permanently bushed Bar-Sto barrel. It is very accurate with that setup, but I shoot it nearly as well in the original configuration. Your response has inspired me to test it both ways in a machine rest.
    That’s going to be a different animal versus our replaceable bushing system.

Quote Originally Posted by Stony Lane View Post
    Unboxing the 92X Performance (Italian):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5HyyZzaD84
    Thanks for posting that - I've made it live below. Best view yet of the grip conversion for the 92X Performance.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm intrigued - this fully fit barrel, block, slide, and frame is exclusive to the 92X Performance? Can you explain what this entails or what is done differently from, say, the standard full size 92X?
    Very tight tolerances mainly.
    Last edited by e_stern; 10-03-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    That’s going to be a different animal versus our replaceable bushing system.
    I understand that. Even so, the comparison seems worth trying.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter
    I understand that. Even so, the comparison seems worth trying.
    I expect a hand fit animal like that will perform VERY well.

Especially a David Sams gun.

Noticed this on the Beretta Italy website.

Trigger Group Kit Xtreme S for Beretta 92 series

Obtain the performance of the new 92X to your Beretta with this new trigger group kit Xtreme S, designed to reduce the weight of pull. Made in Italy, will fit all 92 series handguns.

Name:  Beretta-92X-Trigger_group1.jpg
Views: 2177
Size:  23.9 KB

Note the trigger bar.

User Tag List