Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X Performance

Perhaps @e_stern can tell us when these will arrive stateside...I'm assuming this is the same as the 92X Performance part.

Competition Self-Locking Disassembly Lever for M9A3
    # C5J480
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I feel like those suggesting conversion grips if you like a regular backstrap are missing the idea. A regular backstrap with thin grips is amazing. A conversion grip doesn't have the option for thin grips.

It really only works for those who like the vertec. It doesn't really deliver for those who like the regular backstrap with thin grips. And with as prevelent as ultra-thin VZs have become between Wilson and LTT I'd guess thats most of the folks who like regular backstraps.

I'd probably dig these more if it wasn't for the vertec.

-Cory

Site Supporter
    I wonder if a grip company could do something like a reverse t-grip adapter that installs under the grip panels for those who prefer the original shape?

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I feel like those suggesting conversion grips if you like a regular backstrap are missing the idea. A regular backstrap with thin grips is amazing. A conversion grip doesn't have the option for thin grips.

It really only works for those who like the vertec. It doesn't really deliver for those who like the regular backstrap with thin grips. And with as prevelent as ultra-thin VZs have become between Wilson and LTT I'd guess thats most of the folks who like regular backstraps.

-Cory
    These are supposed to shit with the conversion grips. The M9A3 conversion grips suck, that I agree. These conversion grips look to be of a different design. So i personally just think we oughta see how these actually feel before we just say, “Vertec? Nope, no way.”

]

-Cory
    Why can’t a company just make a conversion grip where the side panels are the same thickness (thinness?) as the ultra-thin VZ grips? What am I missing? Here’s what the Beretta OEM conversion grip looks like on the 92x compact:

Name:  1D93A8B7-9EAE-4118-9920-3A1E9F95EFAC.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  25.9 KB
    Last edited by Xrslug; 07-31-2019 at 12:42 AM.

-Cory
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Xrslug View Post
    ]

Why can’t a company just make a conversion grip where the side panels are the same thickness (thinness?) as the ultra-thin VZ grips? What am I missing? Here’s what the Beretta OEM conversion grip looks like on the 92x compact:

Name:  1D93A8B7-9EAE-4118-9920-3A1E9F95EFAC.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  25.9 KB
    IMO, it would be because they are not using G-10 like VZ grips. G-10 is a VERY strong material as it is basically a fiberglass resin, I would not expect same durability out of any polymer made to same thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    IMO, it would be because they are not using G-10 like VZ grips. G-10 is a VERY strong material as it is basically a fiberglass resin, I would not expect same durability out of any polymer made to same thickness.
    Does it need to be that strong? It is fully supported against a metal frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Does it need to be that strong? It is fully supported against a metal frame.
    Perhaps not, but I don't expect manufacturer would be eager to jump at the possibility of seeing broken grips on a supposed combat proven pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I wasn’t clear in my first post — I meant that an aftermarket company like VZ could make a conversion grip from G10. To back up — the criticism was that the Vertec frame was a bad choice because it wouldn’t allow for thin side panels with the “normal” Beretta backstrap profile. The assumption being the conversion grip must have “thick” side panels. I’m saying why not just make a conversion grip out of G10 with the normal curved blackstrap profile and thin profile side panels? Maybe there is some manufacturing or materials impediment to this option, but it doesn’t seem obviously impossible.

User Tag List