Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X Performance

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    It seems like a direct competitor to the CZ Shadow 2, and CZ/TZ pistols dominate Production. But Production only allows hammer down starts,

Forgive my ignorance, but when I see CZ/TZ, I wonder what the TZ is? Normally, I see that combo in connection with the Tressitu TZ99, which is a South African made copy of a Zastava CZ.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but when I see CZ/TZ, I wonder what the TZ is? Normally, I see that combo in connection with the Tressitu TZ99, which is a South African made copy of a Zastava CZ.
    I think of Tanfoglio CZ clones http://www.tanfoglio.it/eng/catalogo...p-competition/

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    So I'm of two minds about the 92X Performance...

On one hand, as a Beretta 92 nerd, frame safety 92s are rare birds. I've never even see one in person. @PGT is the only poster I've seen who actually owns a 92 Stock, Combat, or Steel I and has provided shooting feedback. The 92X Performance is a rare opportunity to purchase a model derived from this lineage. And I applaud Beretta for bringing this model to market and continuing to expand the 92 lineup. More choices is a good thing, and perhaps more frame safety models will follow if 92X Performance sales are successful.

On the other hand, I'm not a collector, and pistols I don't shoot seldom stay in the safe for long. I'm not sure exactly what role the 92X Performance will fill for me. It is marketed as a competition pistol, and I am a competitive shooter. But it doesn't seem to fit neatly into a competition niche for me. It is too heavy to be legal for IDPA. For USPSA, it is probably best suited as a Production pistol, as it shoots a minor power factor cartridge. It seems like a direct competitor to the CZ Shadow 2, and CZ/TZ pistols dominate Production. But Production only allows hammer down starts, so one of the main selling points (the frame safety and the ability to run the gun cocked and locked) that makes this pistol unique in the Beretta lineup has no applicability in the Division it is likely to compete in. For Limited Division you could start cocked and locked, but the minor power factor cartridge makes the 92X Performance less competitive. Of course the weight of the all steel gun is a selling point for competitive use, but for defensive use I just don't see myself hauling around the 92X Performance. The STI Staccato or Wilson EDC 9XL are better single action options for defensive use.

At the end of the day, I'll probably need to scratch my 92X Performance itch and buy one to try for myself. The price point is very attractive.
    I plan on at least picking one up to mess with in production. I shot a SP-01 for awhile and use a Shadow 2 now. I prefer the steel frames for the weight and longevity. I prefer the 1st pull trigger reach and the pull itself on Berettas. The gun would never see any use cocked and locked. I'd also like the potential of having carry guns more similar to my competition gun and would start looking at the more compact 92's if I wound up competing with one. I'm happy to wait until they are readily available though, and couldn't see paying more than $1200 or so.

Site Supporter
    What if I just want a low recoiling/reliable/self configured SAO/"hi cap" 9mm with reliable mags under 25 to my door all day long for 1300ish.

My hold up is knowing whether I can dump the sights on the FO front-adj rear 92x perf. model and get night sights-does anybody know the answer to this question??? Please.

PS-I am intrigued by this as a self defense pistol in that it is 600+ cheaper than a stacaccto and literally 50% -60% the price of the Wilson. I carry a g34/35 90% of the time (after coming out of an a 5 inch all steel 1911) so the weight/size thing is a big meh to me.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 11-16-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    What if I just want a low recoiling/reliable/self configured SAO/"hi cap" 9mm with reliable mags under 25 to my door all day long for 1300ish.

My hold up is knowing whether I can dump the sights on the FO front-adj rear 92x perf. model and get night sights-does anybody know the answer to this question??? Please.

PS-I am intrigued by this as a self defense pistol in that it is 600+ cheaper than a stacaccto and literally 50% -60% the price of the Wilson. I carry a g34/35 90% of the time (after coming out of an a 5 inch all steel 1911) so the weight/size thing is a big meh to me.
    I don't see why you can't - the 92X Performance sights are already listed on the Beretta-Italy website and the descriptions say "this item will fit all pistol of the 92 series". Now, that said, before running out and purchasing night sights, I'd want to know exactly what front sight dovetail is on the 92X Performance. Despite the advertisement, I'm not aware of any front sight that fits "all pistol of the 92 series", as Vertec/M9A3 and Brigadier slides have (at least in the past) different front sight dovetails. Rear dovetails are common across the 92 lineup. But there is no indication that the 92X Performance is using a new and unique front dovetail. Perhaps @e_stern can tell us what the front dovetail is.

Micrometric Adjustable Rear Sight For 92 Series C5K146 (Micrometric adjustable rear sight of the 92X Performance, this item will fit all pistol of the 92 series)
    Name:  C5K146-01.jpg
Views: 1885
Size:  9.8 KB

Optic Fiber Front Sight For 92 Series C5J844 (Match front sight of the 92X Performance with red optic fiber insert, this item will fit all pistol of the 92 series)
    Name:  C5J844.jpg
Views: 1891
Size:  9.7 KB
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 11-16-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I've had similar thoughts about this gun, except for it being too heavy for me to carry. But I could see if they made an aluminum version of it for carry and having the SS one being for HD. Would be a pretty cool combo I think.

I have carried my steel frame Billennium loaded with 19 rounds of Gold Dots. A really good belt is needed.
    Last edited by AdioSS; 11-18-2019 at 05:12 AM.

I like the way you think.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I want the same thing.

I’m really holding out to see how the new Dan Wesson X, or what ever they are called, shakes out.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

The Dan Wesson DWX might be right up your alley.
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

User Tag List