Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X Performance

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I argue that the perceived girth of the original 92F grip has much to do with the girt of the grip plates, and simply by switching to some of the thinner aftermarket options now easily available can make a significant difference in handling and feel, without having necessarily going to the re-sculpting of the receiver frame itself that the Vertec and similar do.
    Don’t even need to go aftermarket either. Slap Vertec grip panels on a standard frame, makes for a nice feel and noticeably thinner.

Perusing the website photos, the factory supplied sights look very usable. Blacked out rear, bright orange dot up front. Frames look like M9A3 frames with rounded trigger guards (and shortened for the compacts). Grips look like they have a little bit of a contour to them and not just straight up and down.

The more I look the more I like. I think I’m probably down for a non railed compact and a Centurion. I really really do not need another railed full size 92 at all.
    Last edited by Jared; 07-25-2019 at 08:34 PM.

October release for the 92X Performance now.

Well, at least Ernest finally got to shoot one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0UFBxqA...ns_share_sheet
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 07-25-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Is the launch of the 92X series gonna be the death of the Wilson Combat lineup I wonder? Aside from sights and grip panels, its kinda steals their thunder in terms of what was otherwise unavailable slide/frame options.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Is the launch of the 92X series gonna be the death of the Wilson Combat lineup I wonder? Aside from sights and grip panels, its kinda steals their thunder in terms of what was otherwise unavailable slide/frame options.
    Doubt it. If you want a full size, full frame enhanced Brigadier they’re the only game in town.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Doubt it. If you want a full size, full frame enhanced Brigadier they’re the only game in town.
    Right...except for the 92x Performance - and the centurion tactical and vertec exclusivities are out the window. Not to mention, current mantra is the brig slide is sub-optimal anyhow. Ymmv

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EB71 View Post
    Good question. On one hand, he's spoken a lot about the need for a replaceable front sight, but he's also said he's not a fan of the vertec grip, believing most people shoot better with the original.

I would bet the LTT compact will keep the m9a1 compact frame, but use the new slide.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    That’s what I’m hoping for.
    Actually, I want a non-railed, non-Vertec Compact frame

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Nah, that was the 90-TWO's marketing. Or was that the M9A3's?

Best explanation yet for why the 92A1 remains in production.
    I really like my 92A1. With fatter, fully textured G10 grips.

Site Supporter
    Why only a 15 round mag for the 92X Performance?

User Tag List