Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X Performance

I went back to have another look yesterday. And I'm glad I did. Maybe it was the previous days hangover but the more I played with it the more it grew on me.

Magwell is nice and big.

Comes with a D spring so the trigger can be slicked up a good bit more. Apparently the production hammer will improve the trigger a bit as well.

I also played with an open gun prototype and the trigger on that was spectacular.

Considering Beretta's latest team member I think we will see these run at the top levels of IPSC which will gives us a great idea of how they stack up.

Didnt notice the beavertail sharpness on the Open gun so Im hoping that what I noticed on the Prod gun was just prototype stuff.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post

Considering Beretta's latest team member I think we will see these run at the top levels of IPSC which will gives us a great idea of how they stack up.
    Who is this? google keeps showing me shotgun shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Who is this? google keeps showing me shotgun shooters.
    Yeah, who is in Beretta's IPSC team?

I would not be surprised to see Ernest Langdon competing with one tho.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 03-11-2019 at 07:47 AM.

I think this shooter is on the team:

Eduardo De Cobos (born 20. August 1974) is a Spanish sport shooter and firearms instructor who took bronze in the Production division at the 2017 IPSC Handgun World Shoot in Châteauroux, France. He also has two gold and one bronze medal from the IPSC European Handgun Championships. Eduardo started shooting as a weekend activity with his father between 1990 and 1992.[2] He had his breakthrough in 1997 taking his first IPSC Spanish Handgun Championship title,[3] and today has over 15 Spanish Handgun titles. Eduardo placed 6th in the Production division at the 2008 IPSC Handgun World Shoot in Bali.

Quote Originally Posted by Stony Lane View Post
    I think this shooter is on the team:

Eduardo De Cobos (born 20. August 1974) is a Spanish sport shooter and firearms instructor who took bronze in the Production division at the 2017 IPSC Handgun World Shoot in Châteauroux, France. He also has two gold and one bronze medal from the IPSC European Handgun Championships. Eduardo started shooting as a weekend activity with his father between 1990 and 1992.[2] He had his breakthrough in 1997 taking his first IPSC Spanish Handgun Championship title,[3] and today has over 15 Spanish Handgun titles. Eduardo placed 6th in the Production division at the 2008 IPSC Handgun World Shoot in Bali.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 12.55.31 PM.jpg
Views: 1060
Size:  64.8 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

After reading this thread, I must ask... Am I the ONLY one who likes the Vertec frame better than the standard?

I have four 92 series pistols, and the Vertec is by far my favorite grip. I can use the full size fat grips. Heck, my first 92 had Hogue wrap arounds that were fat. But in my old age, Smaller grips appeal to me more.

I want an LTT or M9A3 in black. I like the look of this thing. But in black... with an alloy frame....
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    After reading this thread, I must ask... Am I the ONLY one who likes the Vertec frame better than the standard?
    As a matter of fact, you are.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Jury's still out, I haven't tried one yet....I'm strongly considering a second 92 for USPSA / IPSC purposes, so this thread interests me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post

I have four 92 series pistols, and the Vertec is by far my favorite grip. I can use the full size fat grips. Heck, my first 92 had Hogue wrap arounds that were fat. But in my old age, Smaller grips appeal to me.
    Although I can and do shoot the standard 92 without undue difficulty, I prefer the Vertec grip as well, especially for one-handed DA shooting, and especially with gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    As a matter of fact, you are.

I loves me some Vertec as well. My wee stubby digits do better with it.

User Tag List