Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X Performance

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I saw this in a GunDigest article:

"...universal slide design which is convertible from safety-decocker (F) to decocker-only (G)."

Are the slides on the X guns somehow different, so they're more "hot-swappable" between F and G? Or is this simply a case of re-marketing what's already true?
    I think it’s just re-marketing. Pretty sure this is the same slide design as the M9A3. Convertible probably means you can convert with the G kit, like pretty much any F model out there

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I saw this in a GunDigest article:

"...universal slide design which is convertible from safety-decocker (F) to decocker-only (G)."

Are the slides on the X guns somehow different, so they're more "hot-swappable" between F and G? Or is this simply a case of re-marketing what's already true?
    I vaguely recall reading this, so take it for what it’s worth... what was said the starting with the M9A3, there was a minor change to the slide to be “more adaptable” to the G conversion, even though the conversion still worked on previous FS slides.

Thumbs up

For those suggesting that Beretta end the 92A1, I have to ask if Glock has ever indicated that it will end the 22, 23, 24, 27, 35? Currently, the only all metal .40 Beretta is the 96A1. Some folks still like that caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    For those suggesting that Beretta end the 92A1, I have to ask if Glock has ever indicated that it will end the 22, 23, 24, 27, 35? Currently, the only all metal .40 Beretta is the 96A1. Some folks still like that caliber.
    Exactly, along with people who like shooting nuclear hot 9mm loads.

I was really hoping to see signs of a 96X out there, but nothing I’ve seen gives me any confidence that it will ever be offered.

Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    Well, there are still a good number of law enforcement agencies that issue the Glock in .40, so I imagine there is still decent demand for the Glock pistols. By contrast, I think the agencies who thought that a Beretta 96 was the solution to their sidearm requirements...now issue something else.

That said, I'm also not entirely convinced of the merits of the 96A1 recoil buffer even with .40 loads. I seem to recall Todd commenting something to that effect as well, but I haven't seen any evidence that the 96A1 modifications do anything that the slanted dust cover and/or Brigadier slide combination do not.

I'd think a 92X Performance in .40 would be an interesting Limited gun.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Full size and centurion models of the 92X have started to show up on GunBroker. I’m holding out for a compact.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I'm HIGHLY interested in the railed 92x compact G. I'll be buying the first one my FFL gets. Will be shooting it against my P30/P30SK combo. The size seems to fit in between the two and could potentially replace both (rail accepts a full size WML unlike the p30sk).

I would also be HIGHLY interested in Beretta managing to produce an RMR compatible slide. Not familiar enough with the design to know how feasible that is tho.
    Last edited by ChaseN; 07-26-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    I would also be HIGHLY interested in Beretta managing to produce an RMR compatible slide. Not familiar enough with the design to know how feasible that is tho.
    It cannot be done like it’s done with Glocks, SIGs, etc. due to the slide design of the 92. The only way to mount a RDS is to punch out the rear sight and attach the RMR to a mount which utilizes the existing rear sight dovetail.

Quote Originally Posted by ADKilla View Post
    It cannot be done like it’s done with Glocks, SIGs, etc. due to the slide design of the 92. The only way to mount a RDS is to punch out the rear sight and attach the RMR to a mount which utilizes the existing rear sight dovetail.
    Yes I'm very aware of that as the slide exists currently. I'm not under any impression they could just slap an MOS style system on there. I'm talking a slightly more significant slide redesign that incorporates some additional amount of "meat" above the safety lever & extractor that either comes with a universal mounting system or could be milled into.

User Tag List