Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X Performance

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I don't see why you can't - the 92X Performance sights are already listed on the Beretta-Italy website and the descriptions say "this item will fit all pistol of the 92 series". Now, that said, before running out and purchasing night sights, I'd want to know exactly what front sight dovetail is on the 92X Performance. Despite the advertisement, I'm not aware of any front sight that fits "all pistol of the 92 series", as Vertec/M9A3 and Brigadier slides have (at least in the past) different front sight dovetails. Rear dovetails are common across the 92 lineup. But there is no indication that the 92X Performance is using a new and unique front dovetail. Perhaps @e_stern can tell us what the front dovetail is.

Micrometric Adjustable Rear Sight For 92 Series C5K146 (Micrometric adjustable rear sight of the 92X Performance, this item will fit all pistol of the 92 series)
    Attachment 44870

Optic Fiber Front Sight For 92 Series C5J844 (Match front sight of the 92X Performance with red optic fiber insert, this item will fit all pistol of the 92 series)
    Attachment 44871
    The front sight is traditional Brigadier. The rear is somewhat unique. I'll be working on more sight options in the new year.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Had a chance to hold one over the weekend, although not shoot. A gentleman whom I know bought one and was receiving it in our LGS when I walked in. He previously ran a CZ in local matches, and this is his first Beretta.

Impression: very nice. You know, what's strange, despite the quality materials, controls look made from toy plastics. Not like it matters for the performance at all. The rear sight notch is wide enough that I can see light around the front sight. On so many guns I cannot, because my arms are longer than most. I like the grip, because I like smaller grips in general.

At this point I just wish there was an optics-ready version.
    Last edited by zaitcev; 12-04-2019 at 06:07 PM.

@e_stern

Any plans to offer wraparound G10 grips for the 92X Performance? Only thing holding me back from picking one up is I’m not a fan of Vertec frames and I don’t think the G10 grips for the standard 92X/M9A3 will work because of the thumb safety on the Performance. I suppose I could always dremel the G10 wraparounds to fit but I’d prefer not to.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    @e_stern

Any plans to offer wraparound G10 grips for the 92X Performance? Only thing holding me back from picking one up is I’m not a fan of Vertec frames and I don’t think the G10 grips for the standard 92X/M9A3 will work because of the thumb safety on the Performance. I suppose I could always dremel the G10 wraparounds to fit but I’d prefer not to.
    The 92X performance comes with a set of wrap-around grips if you don’t like the Vertec Profile.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    The 92X performance comes with a set of wrap-around grips if you don’t like the Vertec Profile.
    Oh dear. My wallet is in grave danger now
    Shoot more, post less...

And the grips are available from the Beretta parts department. Surprisingly, although dark grey they don't look bad an a brown M9A3.
    20191112_160804 by craig stuard, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    And the grips are available from the Beretta parts department. Surprisingly, although dark grey they don't look bad an a brown M9A3.
    But the 92X Performance has frame safety levers and a slightly different slide stop lever which would keep that grip from fitting as is. Personally, I’d have no problem modifying the grip to fit. I have modded other grips for other guns before. G10 is easy to work with.

Those do look good on that gun.
    Last edited by AdioSS; 12-05-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    @e_stern

Ships with poly wraparounds.

We will have G10s in 2020.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Looks like Beretta is coming out with an array of parts to support the 92X Performance. These are all available on the Italian website for now...Extra Large and Small safety levers, as well as a tungsten guide rod (because the 92X Performance needs to get heavier), and factory recoil springs in different weights.

92X Safety Extra Large

92X Safety Small

Tungsten Guide Rod

OEM Recoil Springs

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

92X Performance with LTT action tune available from Langdon Tactical...

https://www.langdontactical.com/92x-...t-trigger-job/

We have a very limited quantity of the 92X Performance with an LTT Trigger Job, by the man himself, Ernest Langdon. Ernest Langdon took the features of the 92X Performance and performed trigger work to make the DA/SA lighter and smoother and installing LTT's Optimized Performance Trigger to make overtravel less, reset shorter and a longer trigger bar life. If you thought the stock trigger on the 92X Performance was nice.... wait until you get your hands on this.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List