Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X Performance

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Why is Beretta pushing the Vertec frame so hard?
    Fits more people’s hands.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Sorry, this is just stupid. The 92X should be a certain set of features, steel frame, frame mounted safety, etc. make a compact? Sure, but keep those features.

I do like the new models for sure, but hate reusing the designation. It dilutes the meaning. It would be like Chevy calling all there cars a Corvette.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Sorry, this is just stupid. The 92X should be a certain set of features, steel frame, frame mounted safety, etc. make a compact? Sure, but keep those features.

I do like the new models for sure, but hate reusing the designation. It dilutes the meaning. It would be like Chevy calling all there cars a Corvette.
    Almost looks like 92X is a new way of saying 92 Vertec, only this time with a different rail and round trigger guard.

ETA, that Centurion is kinda interesting
    Last edited by Jared; 07-25-2019 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danjojo View Post
    Universal slide though, so easier to swap between F and G configuration plus add sights.
    Is the 'Universal Slide' even a thing? The 'G' conversion kit works with older 92s.

I'm not surprised to see the M9A3 feature-set proliferate across the Beretta lineup, but I am surprised they decided to do it under the 92X banner. I am sure those who expected to see the 92X lineup based around the Performance's frame mounted safety will be disappointed.

I do think Beretta needs to clean up their catalog and sunset some models.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 07-25-2019 at 06:20 AM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

That would require getting a bunch of Italians to sit down, pay attention to details, and actually make some hard decisions regarding being organized. So, good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My hopes for a more carry/timmy-use steel-framed Beretta were just dashed on the rocks. Thanks Beretta. =\

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Is the 'Universal Slide' even a thing? The 'G' conversion kit works with older 92s.

I'm not surprised to see the M9A3 feature-set proliferate across the Beretta lineup, but I am surprised they decided to do it under the 92X banner. I am sure those who expected to see the 92X lineup based around the Performance's frame mounted safety will be disappointed.

Not sure how much easier it is compared to new conversion kits of standard 92 slides. Supposed to be a different cut in there like with the M9A3. That and the sight dovetails...

I like the idea saving a couple hundred $ off the M9A3 by dropping the threaded barrel and night sights.

92FX or similar probably would have been better designations. Beretta kinda sucks at marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Why is Beretta pushing the Vertec frame so hard?
    The original Beretta grip is one of the largest ones in the 9mm family.

You can always take a smaller grip and make it fatter for big hands, but you cant take a big frame and make it smaller.

I must be in the minority, because I love the Vertec grip, and have one of the original models.
    My first ever pistol purchase was a standard 92, and I can use it just fine, but i sill prefer the smaller grip.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert1035 View Post
    Intriguing! Really digging the compact variants...
    Just looked at these, wow! I am glad I have not gotten a Beretta yet, this may be just the ticket for my first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post

Honestly, it's just a marketing thing... X denotes their latest line building off the original 92X. I kinda see it as Beretta's way of reaffirming their validity of the 92 series in modern times where polymer is king.
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 07-25-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    The original Beretta grip is one of the largest ones in the 9mm family.

You can always take a smaller grip and make it fatter for big hands, but you cant take a big frame and make it smaller.

I must be in the minority, because I love the Vertec grip, and have one of the original models.
    My first ever pistol purchase was a standard 92, and I can use it just fine, but i sill prefer the smaller grip.
    I’m personally agnostic on the Vertec grip. It feels awesome in the store, but really only shoots pretty much the same on the range for me. I don’t turn down new models because of a Vertec grip.

User Tag List