Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X Performance

The more I see the more I like, especially the safety lever for an old 1911-shooter with short fingers. I also like the steel frame. Only concerns right now are the trigger adjustments as adjustments sometimes can be unwittingly adjusted.

I am continually impressed by Beretta's willingness to develop the 92-series platform. A version of this set up as a carry pistol is of interest to me. I would prefer to not use the Brigadier slide based on my experience with the WC and LTT pistols.

The hammer spring question is interesting. I figure they'd call it out as a D spring if that's what it was. But since this is a frame safety model, it probably has the single piece firing pin vs the FS/G 2-piece one. That should mean you should be able to go lighter on the hammer spring than the D because that 2-piece design takes some power out in the energy transfer between the hammer and the primer. So I wouldn't be surprised if this was some competition spec spring for this gun (/probably any other 92 with a solid firing pin).

Ernest will be able to do some real magic on these.

Since no one else has said it, I will: I’ll be in my bunk
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    True, I guess in my mind I always think of 92's as more Production style guns. That said, is Standard/Limited minor even a thing (enough so that a company would design a pistol around it)? If I remember correctly the minimum caliber for major is .40, right?
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 9.20.33 PM.jpg
Views: 1599
Size:  43.0 KB

Does that answer that for you?

Honestly, it isn't "a thing", but there are enough people picking with LimMinor to do AIWB/concealment for the experience...

Yes, .40 is the minimum for Major in Lim & Standard. For open, it is 9mm (caliber) - so, 9Major, 38 super, etc. 9x21 isn't higher pressure than the 9mm Luger...
    Last edited by Sal Picante; 03-08-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Ha - yes, definitely aware of the AIWB lim minor trend, but that doesn't seem quite large enough of a market for Beretta to design a gun around. Then again, I've been hoping for a steel frame Beretta for years now so what do I care?

I really want to like this pistol.

But I am with Les, it’s confusing.

It looks like they are trying to accomodate both limited/standard and production divisions.

I’d be excited if it was a steel frame with the option of both a standard and vertec frame with a slide mounted G lever.

Hopefully it will mean an increase in factory option parts for the 92 series.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Remember, most of the people shooting this will be in Standard using a bikini holster.
    My guess is most of them will be in Production in a race rig. Its only USPSA that limits production to pouch style holsters. Rest of the world have the same holster rules in Standard and Production.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    My guess is most of them will be in Production in a race rig. Its only USPSA that limits production to pouch style holsters. Rest of the world have the same holster rules in Standard and Production.
    Exactly. I didn’t see anywhere where they were targeting limited division. Not only does IPSC allow race holsters in Production, but mag capacity is 15, instead of 10.

As for open, a friend of mine had an open division Beretta Steel I. He placed 19th overall at open nationals with it. That’s nothing to laugh at.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I'd buy it for the steel frame, ditch the slide and the single action trigger system,
    I'm pretty sure it's DA/SA just like a CZ, just roll the hammer down with the trigger for Production.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Anyone one else want to see that thumb safety on an LTT elite?
    Nope

User Tag List