Thread: Volquortsen kit for my Mark 4

Volquortsen kit for my Mark 4

I have a Ruger mark 4 THAT I bought a year and a half ago. I have put 9000 rounds thru it and I must say I like the gun. You always love your first born. Anyhow I shoot the pistol very well I think, it took many months and rounds to get to this point. I am now thinking I have to upgrade to get a little more accuracy. I am thinking of putting in a Volqortsen kit and trigger in the gun. I am looking at the accurizing kit they offer. I am also going to replace the fire pin and extractor as well. Has anyone ever purchased or installed one of these kits? If you could tell me what you think of it good or bad, it would be great. Also I am also thinking of some day ordering a set of there grips for the gun as well.

Please don't be mad if I don't answer or respond real quickly to questions or answers. Its not that I am ungreatful or trolling I just cant get to my computer as quickly as I would like. I am at work and you know how that is. Anyhow thanks in advance for any help, your the best.

I have several of the Volquartsen kits and complete Volquartsen guns. The benefit of the kits is a better trigger with reduced weight, a smoother feeling, and reduced overtravel. The magazine safety can also be defeated with the kit, which is something that you may or may not wish to do.

I would not replace the firing pin and extractor unless you are experiencing failures to fire or failures to extract. The Mark IV firing pin does have a design flaw that leads to premature breakage, but the part fails safely and without damage to the rest of the pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I have several of the Volquartsen kits and complete Volquartsen guns. The benefit of the kits is a better trigger with reduced weight, a smoother feeling, and reduced overtravel. The magazine safety can also be defeated with the kit, which is something that you may or may not wish to do.

I would not replace the firing pin and extractor unless you are experiencing failures to fire or failures to extract. The Mark IV firing pin does have a design flaw that leads to premature breakage, but the part fails safely and without damage to the rest of the pistol.
    Thanks for the rrespose. I have been having failure to eject, but I think it may have been to a little bit of dirt under the extracter, and or to a little to little amount of lube on the slide as well.

User Tag List